Author Topic: Need help with 2G N/A Block compatability  (Read 486 times)

Artem Gridnev

Need help with 2G N/A Block compatability
« on: February 21, 2005, 05:01:28 pm »
Got a chance to buy a long block from a dodge neon 2.0 lt. DOHC will buy all mitsubishi race parts   the block has nothing in it and the head is empty too...Is it the identical to the non turbo mitsubishi block or do I need to get a non turbo 98 mitsubishi block?  

Thank you

Offline Adam Williamson

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 05:47:42 pm »
wow...I had to read that about 4 times before it made sense

I know for a fact that the head will do you no good. If I'm understanding what your saying correctly, the block it'sself should be fine.

will buy all mitsubishi race parts

as far as I know, mitsubishi makes no parts for the 420a due to the fact that it's a chrysler built engine so if anything you'll be looking for mopar parts

Is it the identical to the non turbo mitsubishi block or do I need to get a non turbo 98 mitsubishi block?

same thing, again with the engine being a chrysler, the block is fine the head is no good to you

sorry if I sounded like an ass, just letting you know
-----------------------------------------------------
-98 Eagle Talon ESI

Artem Gridnev

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 10:16:02 pm »
sorry i was dictating to my friend over the cell while driving and taking directions :P

basically i want to buy a block and head for my 98 2g n/a (420a) in order to build myself a motor without parking my car.

just wanted to know if the neon 2.0 dohc is compatable cause the engine place that i am getting it from doesnt have any talon motors.

Offline Dilvinder Grewal

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 10:22:58 pm »
u lookin for a talon motor, cuz if u are call up Frank at Top End Turbo hes got lots jus layin around :D
997 Eclipse GSX

Artem Gridnev

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 10:35:28 pm »
i am looking for a 420a head/ block

i will give him a call
do u have a number?

Offline Nathan Tralenberg

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 10:59:28 pm »
all that info on Top End Turbo is in the Vendors section!
991 plymouth laser(sold)
1995 eagle talon tsi - Kinetic FMIC, Garrett 50 trim, 660, AFC2, evo manifold, 3" turbo back,greddy type-s BOV, KL water injection

Offline Leon Hui

check here:
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 05:18:20 pm »
If you are building your 420A block to race specs, please check here for a list of COMPATIBLE 420A (TALON) parts.  All your questions will be answered.

http://www.howellautomotive.com/Howell/Store/catalog/catalog/default.php?cPath=142_38
Got BoOsT?