Author Topic: car bucking  (Read 421 times)

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
car bucking
« on: February 06, 2005, 11:30:33 am »
I've just started having this prob. When cruising and I try to accelerate/ pass I laid down the petal and the car tries to kick down a gear but then starts bucking like it is not sure what gear it should be in. I hope this is not a trans prob. I can't afford it right now.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Ryan Lore

car bucking
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 01:17:47 pm »
It's possible that your O.D is on the way out, it's very common for that clutch pack to fail

It can be easily replaced by yourself in about an hour.

You may want to pull the tranny ECU (lies flat on the tunnel close to the firewall and replace the caps

I had some ghost shifting issues that were caused by old capacitors

Do some messing around, and figure out exactly when it happens.
Speed/ load/throttle position/ rpm/ incline/ OD on off
and try a few different things and see what happens

Offline John Hartman

car bucking
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 01:54:06 pm »
also, will it do this if you have it in say 2nd gear and at such a speed where it wouldn't kick down? This way you can eliminate or confirm the tranny/TCU problem.

I'm wondering if you have all your hoses tight after you did all that porting etc?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
car bucking
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 03:25:24 pm »
I haven't put any of the upgrades on yet. I will try the things you guys suggest and get back to you.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
car bucking
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 08:07:14 pm »
the car bucks at any point the petal is to the floor. does it in OD or not. kicks down normal at any other throttle position.
The Sleepy Slushbox.