Author Topic: master cyl question  (Read 774 times)

Offline Anthony Binga

master cyl question
« on: February 02, 2005, 03:57:05 pm »
is any liquid suppost to come out of here? like minimal liquid not squirting out...

992 Eagle Talon

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
master cyl question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 04:24:59 pm »
Theoretically, there should be none, usually there is a slight glisten.  If there is a pool or something you might want to rebuild it or get a new one.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline DarrylDhaliwal

master cyl question
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 05:37:55 pm »
speaking of master cyl. i have a small problem with mine i think. When i am driving once and a while it will get very hard to get in to gear. I stop and turn off the car and start it up after about 5 minutes and it will be fine again till if want to get hard again. Some times it will come and go. neather my slave or master r leaking. My transmission make a weard klink klink sound.
BlackBerry PIN:3066A9D2
1995 Bmw 325
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
2000 Mustang Roush Stage 3
1997 Ford F-150 5.4L
4 N/A Talons
2 FWD TSI Talons
2 AWD TSI Talons
Tons Of Other Cars  (33 To Date)

Offline Anthony Binga

master cyl question
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 06:00:37 pm »
you sir... have a ghost :p
992 Eagle Talon

Offline Martin Raska

master cyl question
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 06:11:12 pm »
Your transmission fluid change intervals up to spec Darryl?
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline DarrylDhaliwal

master cyl question
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 01:24:55 am »
yah but i put that penzoil shit  in it.
1995 Bmw 325
1997 Ford F-150 5.4L
4 N/A Talons
2 FWD TSI Talons
2 AWD TSI Talons

Offline DarrylDhaliwal

master cyl question
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 10:34:55 pm »
Quote from: "DarrylDhaliwal"
speaking of master cyl. i have a small problem with mine i think. When i am driving once and a while it will get very hard to get in to gear. I stop and turn off the car and start it up after about 5 minutes and it will be fine again till if want to get hard again. Some times it will come and go. neather my slave or master r leaking. My transmission make a weard klink klink sound.

yah but i put that penzoil shit in it.

Any one now whats might be wrong with my car
1995 Bmw 325
1997 Ford F-150 5.4L
4 N/A Talons
2 FWD TSI Talons
2 AWD TSI Talons

Offline Martin Raska

master cyl question
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 10:57:03 pm »
It's possible, these transmissions seem to be more picky than some about the fluid.  Did it take as much as you drained? Is it a gl4 or a gl5 fluid (that's a rating you'll be able to find on the bottle).  If it is that syncromesh stuff, I have heard some good things abouts it, but it's not actually gl rated either, but is supposed to be compatible with bronze and brass syncros.  Either way, changing your fluid again and making sure it's taking the full 2.1L or whatever it is is a good first start.

How far off hte ground does your clutch engage?  Is that fluid new?  I would probably start with that.

Offline mike griffin

master cyl question
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 11:59:58 pm »
i read somewhere that one of the gl-x's was bad for our synchros... which one is it?
why does your car sneeze when you shift?"

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

lotsa mods

Graeme Shaw

master cyl question
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 12:11:37 am »
Quote from: "Owner's Manual"
Manual transaxle and transfer case:
Whenever the oil level is checked, add the oil to maintain the proper level, if necessary.
Refill or change oil according to the table.

Lubricant: Mopar Hypoid Gear Oil or equivalent, API Classification GL-4

Viscosity range:  SAE 75W-90 or 75W-85W

Offline DarrylDhaliwal

master cyl question
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 12:36:56 am »
I used that penzoil shit (syncromesh shit). I will chance the fluid again ans i think that i will put the redline stuff in and hopfully i don't have much of a problem. When my clutch gets screwerd up i almost don't have to let off the clutch pedal and it will engage. (holding pedal down and then letting it of just a bit and it will engage when screwed up). I can barly put it in gear and when it goes in soem time it will grind.
1995 Bmw 325
1997 Ford F-150 5.4L
4 N/A Talons
2 FWD TSI Talons
2 AWD TSI Talons

Offline Martin Raska

master cyl question
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 01:07:51 am »
Quote from: "DarrylDhaliwal"
I used that penzoil shit (syncromesh shit). I will chance the fluid again ans i think that i will put the redline stuff in and hopfully i don't have much of a problem. When my clutch gets screwerd up i almost don't have to let off the clutch pedal and it will engage. (holding pedal down and then letting it of just a bit and it will engage when screwed up). I can barly put it in gear and when it goes in soem time it will grind.

Well fix that problem, it is probably the root. It's easy to bleed and replace the system.

Offline Artem Goloubov

• http://www.evoincanada.com/
master cyl question
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 09:55:47 am »
I use Redline MTL for tranny and transfer case, I am thinking of trying out Redline Shock proof light weight for T-case and diff next time around.

Going back to original question, you should see no liquid coming from clutch master, if it does the seals are shot. You can rebuild or replace.