Author Topic: tein suspension  (Read 383 times)

Andy Tong

tein suspension
« on: January 21, 2005, 12:32:32 am »
i puted a tein suspension coilover on my ride and it's tein basic but i want a flex instead. does it make any differance if i just put a flex spring on?

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
tein suspension
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 12:55:49 am »
Why do you want flex instead?

The dampers are completely different.  Just sustituting flex springs will make a difference yes because the flex's springs are 10% stiffer up front, and the same in the rear.  They also have different ride height and adjustment ranges.

Everything I just told you I read on www.tein.com.  I had no previous knowledge of these units.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

tein suspension
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 02:49:30 pm »
Oh Martin.  You and your wacky "searching" :roll:
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Kimyee Lai

tein suspension
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 03:36:47 pm »
Andy, the reason you put coilovers on is that you assume they've done their homework and put a spring/shock package together that matches.  Among other things, Flex gives you flexibility...in adjusting your compression/rebound.  Not separately unfortunately, but you do get adjustments, plus pillowball upper mounts.  In short, no, changing the springs in the basic to a flex won't make it into a flex.  Will it serve any good?  Maybe, but then you should have ordered the coilovers with the spring rates you wanted.  If you don't know what kind of rates you want anyway, chances are you won't notice much difference.

I say just leave it.