Author Topic: Did CrappyTire do a shitty job on my daytime running lights?  (Read 585 times)

Offline Ricky Lim

Did CrappyTire do a shitty job on my daytime running lights?
« on: January 19, 2005, 12:54:43 pm »
I had to install daytime runnings light on my 97 GST to pass the Provincial Inspection 2 months ago. The headlights turn on when I turn the key to accesories mode. I just wanted to listen to some tunes NOT shine my freakin headlights out and waste more power. I think they didnt do a complete job on the daytime. I called and they gave me BS saying they might be able to fix it. Do your Eclipses' headlights turn on when you go into accessories mode?

I'm also pissed that they charged me $180 for parts and labour to install them. They have a gurantee in which if you find a place who would charge less, they will beat it by a %. Does anyone know a place that would install daytime for way cheaper?

Offline Kimyee Lai

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 01:32:24 pm »
Uhh...I installed my own with about $27 worth of parts from JCWhitney.  It shouldn't turn on with ACC, only with ON, same with the fans etc...

Hans Ma

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 03:33:41 pm »
my daytime running lights on my GST DON'T go on when its on the radio mode.  Its triggered to the handbrake i think, when its released, it goes on.  Otherwise it would just stay off.

Im not sure how much it cost to fix it, it was done at AutoExperts by the previous owner.

Offline James Coutu

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 04:28:20 pm »
i got a little black box that has a wire to one of thespark plug wires, so my running light wont come on until the car is running
8 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX AWD (6 bolt)
gt30r, AEM EMS, Aem Wide Band, Kinetic Front Mount, 272/272 Cams, 650 Injectors, ported 1g  Intake, tein flex coilovers w/EDFC, 3" turbo back exhaust, Tail 38mm Waste Gate, Balance Shaft Removed

Offline Ricky Lim

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 04:39:35 pm »
Did you install it yourself or got a technician to?  Also where did you buy the little black box?

Update: WTF man, they said it cant be done. The light have to come on when it is on ACC mode.  WTF I think they are just fuckin lazy to finish the job, those bastards. They just saying oh if the lights come on if I TURN THE KEY, THAT's all it matters. My lights are on even if the ebrake is pulled up. Any other people got their Eclipse installed with DRL?  Please let me know if yo headlights come on when you turn yo key to ACC mode.

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 05:31:16 pm »
Tell them you burnt your battery listening to the radio the other day.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 05:38:56 pm »
add incompetant to lazy.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Kimyee Lai

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 05:46:49 pm »
Insist that they do it.  Tell them to move the trigger wire from an ACC source to an ON source.  

They probably just put an aftermarket DRL box on there.  As I mentioned, JCwhitney carries them for ~$25.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 06:10:23 pm »
have em hook it to your ebrake too so that the lights don't come on with the ebrake pulled.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Paul Chernoff

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 07:17:27 pm »
i didnt have to install any  :D

Offline Ravi Gill

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 11:30:54 pm »
There is definately more than 1 way to install the DRL.

My 1st Eclipse, i liked how it was done.  The headlights would not fully come on.  Only the orange part on the side of the headlight would come on when the car was on.  

My latest Eclipse, as soon as the key is in, the headlights are on :(  I dont even have to turn my lights on, as they are always on!  I hardly notice if there is a change when i turn the lights ON but there is a slight boost.
9 Eclipse GS

Offline Jeff Chau

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 12:40:18 am »
People call Canadian Tire "Crappy Tire" for a reason. Don't ever go there for any type of service. I don't think I've ever heard of 1 good story from that place.

As for your problem, yeah, listen to the above posts.