Author Topic: Car's rear locator bar mount went!!  (Read 262 times)

Offline Nathan Tralenberg

Car's rear locator bar mount went!!
« on: January 15, 2005, 06:31:25 pm »
Me and a few friends were having a couple drinks lastnight, went to leave and all of a sudden my car starts to go all over the place after a turn (wasn't drunk at all). This morning I dropped the rear out of my 91 laser (FWD).I thought maybe a killer suspension failure, looked at the struts, springs, everything then looked up and saw my mount that the rear locator bar is attached to holding by maybe an inch of metal. It was a bit bent so i brought it all back to where the rear sat properly. (the woman that owned it before me was hit and was previously bent and fixed, shitty job they did to). Now I'm making a 3 piece rear locator mount, I figure it will be a lot stronger then stock, anyone see a problem in doing this?... all i know is i dont want to have the same problem again.

thanx, nathan
991 plymouth laser(sold)
1995 eagle talon tsi - Kinetic FMIC, Garrett 50 trim, 660, AFC2, evo manifold, 3" turbo back,greddy type-s BOV, KL water injection

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 10:38:16 pm »
Don't drink and drive.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Nathan Tralenberg

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 11:20:09 pm »
I was well under the legal limit, but that wasn't the reply iwas hoping for haha.
991 plymouth laser(sold)
1995 eagle talon tsi - Kinetic FMIC, Garrett 50 trim, 660, AFC2, evo manifold, 3" turbo back,greddy type-s BOV, KL water injection