Author Topic: clutch master problems!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 874 times)

Offline Paul Chernoff

clutch master problems!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 08:51:16 pm »
Update, finally got my car back on the road today after almost 2 weeks. Pulled the tranny the other day to do the clutch fork and found a throwout bearing in a few pieces lol, luckily nothing else broke, the clutch fork was fine, but i replaced it, the pivot ball, and throwout bearing, along with a new master and slave , nice to finally have my car back after all this, had a HELL of a time gettin the tranny back in, just didnt wanna go, took me a extra day just to get it in there, ended up buying another floorjack and making a tranny adapter out of a piece of wood, by the way walmart has a good 2 ton jack with 2 jackstands on for $35 and its all chrome in case you want some extra bling  :wink:

Offline Kevin Standeven

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 09:57:43 pm »
Glad to hear you solved your problem Paul, was that a mitsu TOB that broke apart? And I can relate to the struggles of getting the tranny back in :x
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 10:01:49 pm »
What makes it not want to go in just the tranny input shaft splines going into the disk not lining up?  Even with a clutch alignent tool?
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Paul Chernoff

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 11:07:05 pm »
no i actually used a ACT one cause i kinda messed up last time and put it in by mistake instead of the mitsu one cause i had both. Just a tight fit, i was struggling to get the tranny up there, cause at first i didnt have a jack and its kinda heavy  :laugh:  rear subframe kinda gets in the way and the mount bolts on the pass side.

Offline Ross Frenette

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 12:16:11 am »
Wierd, I had a similar problem that just got fixed today. Turns out I had some air in the clutch fluid lines that was making it impossible to gate out and into another gear without pumping the pedal a few times to build up pressure.  

My mechanic bled the system, and it's working fine thus far, he figured that one of the cylinders went, so paying 22 dollars for about 20 minutes of work instead of who knows how much was fine with me.
op: You're under arrest for child cruelty, child endangerment, depriving children of food, selling children as food, and misrepresenting the weight of livestock.