Author Topic: Question about window trim  (Read 683 times)

Ivan Skare

Question about window trim
« on: January 11, 2005, 01:00:06 pm »
My Talon has the wrap around spoiler, and the outside trim on the bottom of the windows is scraping off and also my windows do not go up and down properly. Is this outside trim connected to the rubber strip that the windows slide against? I inspected the rubber and it is cracked and not smooth at all. I've checked out a few websites like MachV and Ongreenperformance.com, and it looks like (from the pictures) that the window trim they sell is only for the 92+ Talon and 90+ Eclipse without the wrap around spoilers. Can somebody confirm that the MachV ones are the right ones? Do you know of any other places that sell these parts?

PS: Ongreenperformance.com has just contacted me saying that the trim will not fit my car.

Thanks.

Ivan Skare

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 07:59:21 pm »
Anybody?

Offline Kevin Park

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 12:27:21 am »
Mach5 sells just the black metal trim piece(which is prone to cracking, chipping,and  fading, which mine are...), the rubber part is part of the window channel and must be ordered from the dealership, or sourced from an autowreckers. Hope this helps.

Ivan Skare

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 12:42:20 am »
Quote from: "Kevin Park"
Mach5 sells just the black metal trim piece(which is prone to cracking, chipping,and  fading, which mine are...), the rubber part is part of the window channel and must be ordered from the dealership, or sourced from an autowreckers. Hope this helps.

Well by the picture the MachV one looks like it is not intended for a Talon with a wrap around spoiler...

Offline Kevin Park

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 12:46:47 am »
But the front windows are the same weather the car has a wrap around spoiler or not, am I right? I dont think there is a difference.

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 07:51:30 am »
Quote from: "Kevin Park"
But the front windows are the same weather the car has a wrap around spoiler or not, am I right? I dont think there is a difference.

Bingo.  At least when it comes to the Mitsu OE part.

Ivan Skare

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 10:45:51 am »
No I am talking about the bottom peice of the window...it is wider than the non wrap around spoiler cars.

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 05:29:35 pm »
What? The only difference is the spoiler, I'm sure.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 06:18:33 pm »
there was a group buy in the summer.  And while it is WAY easier for the 92-94 guys and the Laser guys to do the swap, I got the same part that all the rest of em did.

no more fugly flaking window trim.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 06:27:56 pm »
When I was still at Mitsu I sold Lowell a few sets, and can get the part number if anyone's interested.

Offline Kevin Park

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 03:16:39 am »
part # please, I desperately need new lower window trim! Thanks

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 07:44:28 am »
MB517813
MB517514

Offline Kevin Park

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 03:15:36 pm »
and thats front pair, back pair? or front left. front right?

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 03:28:35 pm »
There is no back pair.  That is the Left and Right door trim (the one that's just outside the window, painted black stock and cracks and shows silver and looks UGLY.

Offline Kevin Park

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 03:30:55 pm »
K thanks dude.