Author Topic: October DSM Meet (Sat Oct 2)--bowlorama!  (Read 4876 times)

Graeme Shaw

October DSM Meet (Sat Oct 2)--bowlorama!
« on: September 21, 2004, 06:10:13 pm »
So, Jared suggested a couple months ago that we have a bowling meet, so I says to myself, I says "that's not a half bad idea!"  So all's I have to do now is figure out where it's happening.  Cruise should start somewhere away from the meet so as we can meet & greet, cruise and bowl.  There's a bowling alley on Lougheed near Holdom (closeish to Brentwood mall, for those of you who know the area), and I'll be paying them a visit tomorrow to see if we can get some group rates.  Suggestions on a starting point would be wonderful, I was thinking somewhere in Vancouver, as I'm trying to keep the location of the meets moving around (Van/surrey, Richmond etc), maybe someplace in south or West van--something with a big parking lot.

Initial Meet at 11ish, bowling to start at around 1.  I'll be ducking out early, but will stick around for planning.  I'll find out dollar amounts tomorrow for everyone as well.  Sorry for the lateness, school's hell.

Offline Rick ODell

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 10:22:52 pm »
can we have meets on saturday night or sundays?
retty damn drunk :)

Offline Marty van den Bosch

• http://martyvandenbosch.fotopic.net/
Re: October DSM Meet (Sat Oct 2)--bowlorama!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 10:38:05 pm »
I am in.
991 Plymouth Laser FWD
12.0 @ 121.7mph

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 11:06:38 pm »
Quote from: "Rick ODell"
can we have meets on saturday night or sundays?

Good call, and there's no reason why we can't have a meet-then-later meet.  Though many people have previous part plans, and a buncha us (damn those young rich punks) aren't 19.  I'll think of something for an upcoming meet, though Rick!

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 11:20:11 pm »
Could meet at ubc many big parking lots and in the west side empty parking lots on weekends.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Aaron Moore

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 07:58:46 am »
Quote from: "Martin Raska"
Could meet at ubc many big parking lots and in the west side empty parking lots on weekends.

As long as there are no speed bumps :oops:

I would suggest we take a look at the bowling center at Silvercity in Richmond, I believe that is a pretty nice facility that could accommodate our large group nicely.
2 TSI AWD 16G
95 TSI AWD GROUND BLINGER
98 SPYDER EVO 16G
99 GS400 PIMPED TO THE MAX
2005 300C up and on....

Ivan Bojanic

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 08:20:12 am »
The bowling facility in Burnaby that's Greame talking about has like 45 lanes =)

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 08:35:57 am »
Its called Revs, the one in Richmond is Top Gun.  Revs is really good and on certain nights they have galaxy bowl which is pretty cool if ur drinkin  :wink:   give em a shout and find out to see if there are any specials, there quite often is for groups.  BTW parking lot for REV's is quite full on weekends because it has multiple sporting areas.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 05:04:29 pm »
Okay, so here's the skinny.  They don't do bookings unless it's 20 or more people (doubt it).  Regardless, it's $35/lane for an hour and a half (including shoes) and one lane is good for 5~6 people.  1.5 hours should be around 2 games assuming we don't take huge amounts of time, so that'd work out to about $3/game per person, shoes in.  Lemme know what you guys think, or if someone wants to head down to/call the place in Richmond--it's a little too far for me to drop in on.

Offline Aaron Moore

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 12:52:03 pm »
I'll check the Richmond place.
2 TSI AWD 16G
95 TSI AWD GROUND BLINGER
98 SPYDER EVO 16G
99 GS400 PIMPED TO THE MAX
2005 300C up and on....

Offline Jeff Armstrong

• http://www.bc.dsm.org
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004, 07:29:58 pm »
There's a brewery connected to the bowling alley in Richmond.  Perfect place to meet up and spend a few hours.  You can even take pitchers of beer to your lane while you bowl, maybe not the best place for a car meet unless you spend a few hours there and don't drink a whole lot.
3 Talon - Sold
LR Disco - Atleast I'm AWD now :|

Offline Steve Stasiuk

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2004, 09:53:01 pm »
Everybody should dress like a character from The Big Lebowski. :)
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (Sold)

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2004, 01:15:40 am »
Quote from: "Jeff Armstrong"
There's a brewery connected to the bowling alley in Richmond.  Perfect place to meet up and spend a few hours.  You can even take pitchers of beer to your lane while you bowl, maybe not the best place for a car meet unless you spend a few hours there and don't drink a whole lot.

I am down for that but I am coming carless if the brewery plans will go through.  :laugh:
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Mike Meron

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 09:42:28 am »
this sucks....
i'm starting my own meet... for this month... i suggest a meet at knight and day on king george highway, for the all you can buffet and then go for a long cruize through the sea to sky.

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2004, 09:52:15 am »
Quote from: "Mike Meron"
this sucks....

Enh, it's true :(  One guy can only do so much, though...