Author Topic: new stuff in the last two weeks  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Jared Clark

• http://Vancouver240.com
new stuff in the last two weeks
« on: April 28, 2004, 03:48:32 pm »
Centerforce Dual Friction ( CFDF ) clutch and pressure plate

Walbro 255hp fuel pump & install kit

And finally put on some total rice foglights that Ive had kicking around for a few years:

thats right... bright blue/green (soon to be swapped with square white ones) These are basically a joke, they used to be yellow but Gladman and I changed them to green :laugh:

Here's something that Ive been flamed for buying and putting in my car as it decreases performance and kinda goes against the theme of the car, but the way I figure it, I can swap it in and out anytime. I did get the smallest/lightest setup (that I could find used, THANKS ART! )

Its 10' with a 300 watt amp.
Definately not for show, look how its bolted down :cool:  Nothing rattles, it doesnt move around, and it sounds good so Im happy

In the next few months I plan to:
-swap out these annoying coilovers for either
 Intrax or Eibach sportline springs, Im leaning towards the Intrax's though.

- 550 CC injectors

- S-afcII

- Roll cage

I'd like to get racing seats and harness's but as a delivery driver that would slow me down so that will have to wait, for now :)
ormer owner of a '93 AWD
Now: 1989 240SX, 13.5@107
        1990 240SX, 12.4@114

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 03:58:25 pm »
Lookin good buddy
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 04:32:24 pm »
roll cage? +35 hp
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 05:39:25 pm »
Quote from: "Andrew Scott"
roll cage? +35 hp

Weapon R cupholders, +50 hp? :wink:
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Jared Clark

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 11:18:49 pm »
Whats wrong with a roll cage?
ormer owner of a '93 AWD
        1990 240SX, 12.4@114

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 12:11:01 am »
DSMers seem to have this drag racer mentality that a cage is a waste of time unless you're running in the 11's.  They stiffen the chassis structure hugely when they're welded in.  Not to mention the safety aspect.  If I was going to get in a serious accident in any car I'd be in my Camaro with a full cage, 5 points and racing seats.  That car is bloody stiff with the cage in.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 03:04:50 pm »
:idea: Avoid serious accidents :idea:

Unless you're only using the car for serious road racing, a roll cage is just going to be a huge inconvenience.

Putting a roll cage in a daily driven car is 100% ricer.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 04:03:15 pm »
Avoid serious accidents

You're about to be served, jr.

no shit avoid serious accidents.  there's a reason why they're called accidents.  Next time my fiance gets in a car accident, flatlines 3 times, gets titanium rods shoved in her back and goes through 1.5 YEARS of rehab - I'll be sure to tell her she should have avoided it ... tsk tsk

Roll cages aren't ricer, they're actually functional.  Unlike a 12" tach with a revolving shift-light or a 10" fart-can.

Annoying, perhaps ...
Hard to get in/out, perhaps ...
Ricer, only in your world.
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Bobby Grewal

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 05:03:10 pm »
Props for that Andrew. So rite.
QuAlItY Of LiFe Is DeRiVeD fRoM FrIeNdZ, fAmIlY, AnD oNe'S cApAcItY 2 LoVe ThErE cAr. EvErYtHiNg ElZe Is cLAsSiFiEd sEcOnDaRy

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2004, 05:42:26 pm »
There's nothing ricey about a proper cage.  Those junky bolt in 'monkey bar" ones, sure, or some home-depot made PVC pipe and cardboard christmas wrapper tube unit, hell ya, but not a real welded in steel cage.  

And while we're on the subject I don't find mods that are looks only to be ricey.  Things like clear corners, aftermarket wheels, etc.  I think the whole term "riceboy" and the concept of "ricey" got started with that riceboy page and making fun of people who falsely advertise what their cars are.  Things like Type R badges on Mazdas and gaudy huge wings on sub 100hp Honda Civics are ricey.  Putting nice wheels, tint, clear corners and shiny new metallic paint on a car to make it look good is not ricey.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 07:53:42 pm »
Okay Mike, all of those rice mods above have on thing in common - making a car look like somthing it isn't, making a street car look like a track car. The guy who isn't a hardcore road racer and gets a roll cage is just a ricer as the guy who gets a blowthrough maf-t simply so he can vent 'properly'. Sure the maf-t has function, but the only function it's serving on 'that guys' car is for the 2f2f sound.

And Andrew, I'm sorry about your fiance, and that wasn't my point, but if you're doing things on the road that require a rollcage, you shouldn't be on the road. Sure rollcages are good for safety, but thats like wearing a helmet to walk to the corner store - it isn't neccissary.

Offline Jared Clark

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 10:18:10 pm »
You guys are very harsh on people and their descisions with their vehicles. Either way, I dont mind much because in the end its my car and Ill be driving it, not you :wink:

I'd never put an 8 point in, maybe rollbar is a better word. It wouldnt be visible from the outside anyways, plus it would stiffen up my putty-like frame. If thats rice, then Im a proud riceboy 8)
ormer owner of a '93 AWD
        1990 240SX, 12.4@114

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 11:09:09 pm »
Haha, you think 8 point units are tough to get into... man, try a cage with 16 some odd chassis tie points, triple door side bars, a loop into the engine bay above the chassis that goes around the radiator, X brace on the upright behind the seats and add that to solid + welded subframe mounts, welded subframe connecters and solid engine mounts and you've got my other car, hehe.   :laugh:  I can manage to get into the car without taking the steering wheel off but it's a bit of a trick.  If you want to call me a riceboy for driving that on the street when I don't race in the NASCAR circuit then go ahead   :roll:

Jared, you make a good point too.  Mod your car for yourself, to hell with what everyone else thinks... unless of course they like it   :wink:
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2004, 11:53:28 am »
Quote from: "Andrew Scott"
Sure rollcages are good for safety, but thats like wearing a helmet to walk to the corner store - it isn't neccissary.

Too true!  It isn't necessary ... but it doesn't make it Ricer ;)

Definition of "Ricer" is different from person to person.  If I see a 4" exh tip, I think "ricer".  Others may not.

Some ppl *coughassholescough* think my blue wind-deflectors on my wipers is ricer.  I find they help when I'm flying down the highway and it's rainin out.  But if the general concensus is that it's Ricer, then so be it.  I are ricer!

I don't see safety products, whether you figure the application is warranted or not, as 'ricer' mods.

Would you call someone who has a fire extinguisher in their car nicely mounted in the trunk (or wherever) a 'ricer' ?

It's all a matter of context.
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Aaron Moore

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2004, 02:46:11 pm »
^Rice rice baby, vanilla rice. :wink:
2 TSI AWD 16G
95 TSI AWD GROUND BLINGER
98 SPYDER EVO 16G
99 GS400 PIMPED TO THE MAX