Author Topic: Stupid windshield wipers  (Read 350 times)

Chris Spencer

Stupid windshield wipers
« on: April 22, 2004, 12:32:45 am »
My front and back windshield wipers aren't working anymore.  I checked the wiper fuse and it's fine and i checked all the wires.  Do the little motors controlling the wipers ever break?  or what else could it be?

Offline John Hartman

Stupid windshield wipers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 10:21:45 pm »
both stopped working at once?  By that I mean all 3?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Chris Spencer

Stupid windshield wipers
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 01:57:06 am »
Yeah.  None of the wipers work, front or back, and the windshield sprayer doesn't work either.

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
Stupid windshield wipers
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 01:15:02 pm »
Double check that fuse, put another one in it's place if you haven't already.  You say the washer doesn't work either, and everything in the whiper system is fused by that 15A whiper fuse which is number 9 i think.  So this leads me to believe you have a problem between the ignition switch and the fuse.  For starters, turn the car to on and the whipers on and measure the voltage between chasses ground and the high side of the whiper fuse (there is a number 4 on my wiring diagram if that helps).  If it isn't reading anything then you do indeed have a problem on the ignition side of things.  So check the wiring from the fuse panel back to the ignition switch.  Maybe the contacts in the arm wore out or something.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]