Author Topic: May meet?  (Read 7660 times)

Troy Simkus

May meet?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2004, 11:45:21 am »
Quote from: "Matt_Park"

Before anyone brought this up, I was thinking about mentioning Cultass lake... cruise out there and have a BBQ or something. This time we better settle who is bringing what ahead of time though  :wink:

There's always next month or the month after.  Allouette lake is a much nicer drive.

As for a meeting place, Coquitlam Center always works well.  For the abby/chilliwack people you can meet in mission at the wendys accross the street from the track if you want.

Offline Matt Park

May meet?
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2004, 01:11:35 am »
so come on guys are we going to a lake or what!!!!!?????
97 GS-T

Offline Steve Stasiuk

May meet?
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2004, 11:53:30 am »
"Bachelor number one, tell us how your dream cruise would go."

"Well Chuck, other than doing the Gumball Rally or the Fraser Valley Tour, it would go like this. Everyone would come out to North Van and meet at Cates Park for a little show and shine followed by lunch - cooked by whoever brings a portable grill, of course. After that, we'd head out to Horseshoe Bay because it's so damn nice out there during this time of year. Oops, can I say damn? We would head out of North Van along the Transcanada highway, take an exit into beautiful West Van, and get onto Marine Drive. Still heading west we'd catch the tail end of Marine Drive which is windy little road with minimal traffic that goes into Horseshoe Bay. Once in Horseshoe Bay we could stop to talk and anyone who gets hungry a lot, missed lunch earlier, or just plain likes fish and chips could hit up Troll's. When it's time to go, everyone leaves Horseshoe Bay via number one and has a safe ride home."

Provided it is sunny out, I obviously think that would be a wicked cruise so that's my suggestion. But I'm up for anything.

1. Jeff Rae
2. Graeme Shaw
3. Marty van den Bosch (pick a day and starting place))
4. Jack Palmer
5. John Hartman (football is early on that day)
6. Matt Park
7. Steve Stasiuk
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (Sold)

Offline Matt Park

May meet?
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2004, 12:00:52 am »
Ok I'm in for that. It has been suggested to me that I finalize things and then people will just show up, so here goes. We will use Steve's suggestion then because I have not heard a better one in detail.

Ok, the meet (show and shine + BBQ) will be at Cates Park in North Van on Sunday the 2nd of May (last month was on the Saturday) at we'll say 2pm. Why 2 you ask, well because we always aim for 1pm and then everyone shows up an hour late. At around 5pm (time will be finalized at meet), we will head out for a cruise to Horseshoe Bay and have fish and chips and drinks or whatever.

Keep in mind this is less than a week away!!!

I guess I am putting this together but it was Steve's Idea, so I need Steve to set up directions to both Cates Park and the route to horshoe Bay, because I have no idea how to get to either.

BBQs - for those bringing food to BBQ, please post up whether or not you are bringing a prpane BBQ. This was not specified last month and resulted in no BBQ and a lot of hungry and cranky DSMers. I for one will try to bring my BBQ if I can find it but I'm hoping for at least 2 more BBQs. Sign up here guys.

I (being from Surrey) suggest that the Surrey and Valley people meet up for the trip on #1 out to North Van so that no one gets lost... I'm most worried about me... I suggest we meet in the South East end (next to the Petro Canada) of the SAVE ON FOODS parking lot in Fleetwood (corner of 152st and Fraser HWY) at 1pm. Try to be on time guys!!! I like this spot because there is lots of room, everyone knows where it is and we won't have to make a left hand turn out of the parking lot (nearly screwed up our cruise out last month).

I think thats it. If I have been unclear in anyway please post up quickly.

If you are going to be late or have any questions on Sunday, my cell number is 604 649 9402.

Matt Park
97 GS-T

Offline Howard Hu

May meet?
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2004, 12:27:57 am »
i'll show up if i get my car back this friday..or else i wont get it back till next week
7 silver eclipse GST (SOLD)
05 alpine white wrx

Offline Steve Stasiuk

May meet?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2004, 01:09:44 am »
Okay cool. . I"m too inefgbriated to get behind the wheel of a Talo n right now. But I can go for a cruise tomorrow and give you guys precise directions to get to Cates if that's okay. As it stands , Im' prety sure you take the Dolllarton exit (the very first one) off of second narrows, but I'll get actually exit numbers tomoorrow if everything is a go.

Peace .

Offline Jack Palmer

May meet?
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2004, 07:37:00 am »
i just found out i wont be able to get there till about 3:45pm...but im still coming no matter what...i aint gonna miss this unless it rains..
I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time....
97 Eclipse Spyder GS-T

Offline Damian Zerr

May meet?
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2004, 11:07:21 am »
1. Jeff Rae
2. Graeme Shaw
4. Jack Palmer
5. John Hartman (football is early on that day)
6. Matt Park
7. Steve Stasiuk
8. Damian Zerr
0PSI and 0 Knock

Offline John Hartman

May meet?
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2004, 05:18:11 pm »
I'm gonna have to bow out.  The distance and the later hours on sunday nite are gonna kill me.  Hate to miss it, but I'm sure I'll get out to some other ones ;)  

1. Jeff Rae
2. Graeme Shaw
4. Jack Palmer
5. Matt Park  
6. Steve Stasiuk
7. Damian Zerr

sorry guys...  Chilliwack to north van, and a late drive back.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Andrew Sturgeon

May meet?
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2004, 06:33:09 pm »
Im going to aircare tomorrow but I know how thats gonna go.  I will be there but most likely riding shotty with Stasiuk.  Woohoo an NV meet and my car still isnt insurable.  Maybe a one day permit will be in order(weather dependant).

1. Jeff Rae
2. Graeme Shaw
4. Jack Palmer
5. Matt Park
6. Steve Stasiuk
7. Damian Zerr
8. Andrew Sturgeon

Offline Jack Lee

May meet?
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2004, 07:04:00 pm »
I'm out for this one too. Still haven't had time to work on my tranny.  It's kinda ironic that the meet is in North Van as I'm there most of the time, LOL.

Oh well, have fun everyone!
 ain't boostin' till smurfs start pissin' -- Powered by Smurf Piss

Troy Simkus

May meet?
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2004, 03:05:20 pm »
If you stopped taking 5 different suggestions and just ran with one from the start, it would be finalized and signed up for a wee bit quicker dont ya think?

Word to the wise, if you're going to start a thread for a monthly meet, have an idea in mind, dont take suggestions, just state it, if absolutely nobody can make it then make a new idea. You'll never please everybody so might as well stick with those who can make whatever idea you choose.

Offline Jack Palmer

May meet?
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2004, 04:35:47 pm »
good point troy , i say to hell with the drive lets all go to brandy's downtown and have a dsm pisser.... ?
I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time....
97 Eclipse Spyder GS-T

Troy Simkus

May meet?
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2004, 05:20:56 pm »
Quote from: "Jack Palmer"
good point troy , i say to hell with the drive lets all go to brandy's downtown and have a dsm pisser.... ?

And that's a perfect example of my good point, if someone puts up an idea, stop making more suggestions you just confuse everyone :P

Offline Steve Stasiuk

May meet?
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2004, 06:47:33 pm »
There will still be lots of time for titties and beer after the cruise.

To get to Cates, take the VERY FIRST EXIT off of the Second Narrow's/Ironworkers Memorial bridge. Stay on this road! Make sure you do not get stuck in any of the left turn lanes or turn off of that road at any point. You will pass a Tim Hortons, a gas station, and then the road will merge to one lane soon after. After maybe four minutes of driving you will go through an Indian reserve. Cates Park is about two or three minutes past this on the right hand side of the road. There will be totem polls with a large Cates Park sign marking the enterance. Drive in there and stay to the right. The road will take you down a little hill and you'll see people parked once you get around the bend. The park is really small and just goes around in a circle.

This map is kind of bad, but it's the only one I can find.

In the case that you overshoot the entrance to the park entirely, you will come to a small shopping center called Dollarton shopping center on your left. Turn around in there and start going back the other way on the road you were just on (Dollarton Hwy). Go slowly and keep your eyes peeled for the totem polls which will now be on your left; they're right around the corner.

Andrew Sturgeon and I will be there at 12:30. Hopefully people will show up because this seems pretty short-noticed and disorganized, but I'm just throwing out a time and place like Marty said to do.

As for food, if someone can bring a portable gril there is a supermarket like 2 minutes away that we could drive up to and grab hot dogs, hamburger patties, etc. from.
If nobody brings one, there is still a McDonald's, Wendy's, Kelsey's, A&W, White Spot, or Subway on the way out if people want to eat.