Author Topic: Damn Vancouver Weather - Leaking Car (Help!)  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Fred Cheng

Damn Vancouver Weather - Leaking Car (Help!)
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 09:25:24 pm »
Where the heck do you work, John?!?  Always fixing leaks???  Or is that your main hobby?  heheh.   :twisted:

I'm gonna wait till it warms up a bit more before lugging out the old hose to do that fanning thing that you guys suggested with the water... but today I removed the plastic panels under the hatch, and poured water from a bucket onto the outside of the hatch and onto the wing, etc, both slowly and quickly,  (while the hatch was closed and while it was open at various angles) to try and spot a leak from the inside... I didn't see ANY leaks at all!  WTF??  I've only noticed it "leak" once... it couldn't have been my bad eye-sight, could it?!?  Or maybe I have to do it with the garden hose before I see any leaks??

Fred
FReddy] --- [TSi SPY]

--- [1996 TSi AWD] ---

Offline John Hartman

Damn Vancouver Weather - Leaking Car (Help!)
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005, 10:42:25 pm »
I work at a GM dealership, but I fix alot of warranty water leaks.  I am not flat rate, I get payed by the hour so I can do alot of that sort of work.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods