Author Topic: safc functions available?  (Read 332 times)

Offline Derek Fung

• STOP ASKING ME IF ITS TURBO!! YOU CAN HEAR IT!!!!
safc functions available?
« on: February 05, 2004, 05:57:29 pm »
ok, i finally hooked my safc up after 2 months of now driving.
wow, car took unbelievably long to start, seemed like it was running on 2 cylinders at first, "putt putt putt puah!".. anyways, i was checking the monitoring functions.
there are 6, which one actually works on the 1G dsm if hooked up?
mine has no correction on it right now, so airflow/correction is not to worry about. but the pressure one does not work...and its weird, i can boost up to 15psi now in neutral...
2.3l fully built stroker. gt35r powered
12.126 @ 121.03

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 07:08:21 pm »
the one that's the most beneficial is the Karman signal, mainly because the one that's read on a logger is limited to 1607 hz (or something like that), whereas the AFC gets the raw signal before it hits the ECU.  I also like having the correction on (although doesn't seem like much point if you don't have it altered).  Having three at a time just seems cluttered.  And don't put throttle position, if you lose to a car and a buddy is in there with you, you can't use the excuse that you weren't flooring it :P

Jovan
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 11:13:54 pm »
also if you press left and right and the function button at the same time, you can play breakout
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 11:23:38 pm »
Quote from: "Andrew Scott"
also if you press left and right and the function button at the same time, you can play breakout

seriously? Damn I want my SAFC back! I never knew that!