Author Topic: eclipse conversions??  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Kevin Chan

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 10:13:34 pm »
maybe you're a little over.. right now..
I got front bumper, headlights, fogs for about 1000
I got rear bumper, rear lights for another 1000
I'll get the center piece, door caps, reverse lights from Graeme.... for about 300?
and now I'll only need the wing and the install/ paint/ and removal of parts and I'm done...

but for fiberglass kits, it's cheaper... I got my Del Sol kitted for only 1000... but no lighting stuff...
o___0"
98 UZS160 hovering on air

Offline Lawrence Hahn

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 10:26:37 pm »
haha..yeh..some of my friends dun like the mango idea...its like the supra orange on the f&f but a tad lighter..o well...can please everyone =p  ...
awrence

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
eclipse conversions??
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 10:28:40 pm »
Quote from: "lawrence"

umm..robin..when u asked me if i knew where to get urethane fronts..were u asking if i knew? or asking me cuz u were gonna tell me the answer if i didnt know?  hehe..cuz i dunno whre to find them..i can ask a friend who knows lots of talon ppl...(he's a ex-dsmer) ...but not sure as of now

I only know of a place in the US that sells poly urethane kits.... its $250US for the front bumper... but $200 to ship  :roll:  so its gonna cost a lot, I was wondering if you knew a place locally that sold urethane bumpers, because I dont...

also...anyone know anywhere in town where i could find some reasonably priced fibreglass blitz rear and sideskirts? and a urethane blitz front?  how long do the sideskirts have to be to fit? cuz i dun want ones too short or too long =(

Howard Hu knows some places in richmond, I know a place in surrey called KC Arrow, I got my kit from there.... they are good to...

lastly..umm..just to get this straight..cuz im sorta on a tight budget..but can u guys tell me if im underestimating or not?

eclipse tail lights + reverse lights = 500
eclipse headlights = 800
blitz rear bumper and sideskirt = approx 500
blitz urethane front bumper = approx 500??
paint and install = 800??

total = approx 3100 +tax?  am i way off? over or under??  hopefully under cuz i dun wanna go too much over 3000 ..thanks =)

eclipse headlights - aftermarket projector - $250 U.S.

you can probably get OEM eclipse headlights on ebay for $300U.S. so around $500 canadian

everything else looks right... so its going to cost you around $3000.....

oh and I dunno about the +tax... you can probably get alot of those cash deals... no tax  :wink:

Offline Lawrence Hahn

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2004, 11:07:52 pm »
k..ill look around and ask around for urethane blitz fronts...but sorry..where do u get front projectors for 250us??  in vancouver or..do u mean like..ebay or something?  cuz thats WAY cheaper than the 800CAD for stock headlights =)
awrence

Offline Robin Toor

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2004, 11:11:52 pm »
www.racerwheel.com has aftermarket eclipse projectors for $250 U.S.
me and howard both have them...

ebay has stock eclipse headlights that sell for around $300 U.S.

Offline Kevin Chan

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2004, 11:11:53 pm »
o___0"
98 UZS160 hovering on air

Graeme Shaw

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2004, 11:12:39 pm »
Just remember, you get what you pay for.  They're a lot cheaper, but Robin and Howard both say they don't light up the road very well.

Offline Lawrence Hahn

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2004, 11:43:37 pm »
do the local ones light up the street ok???  ..HMM...how much is shipping to burnaby from racerwheel by the way???

oh..and waht are door caps??  and why do i need them?
awrence

Offline Robin Toor

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2004, 12:47:16 pm »
yeah those projectors dont light up the road... pretty much at all.... even an HID kit doesnt help it that much....... shipping is another $80 canadian I think......

Offline Lawrence Hahn

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2004, 05:03:22 pm »
ummm...hehe ..if they dun light up the road then should i just go with stock?  so damn expensive tho..argh.  oooh..one last thing...besides what are door caps >< ..umm..how long does it take to do the conversion once i get all the parts and kit and stuff??? like a week? or a day or two??  i have no clue...ok...thanks again everyone!!! =))
awrence

Offline Mike Schmid

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2004, 05:44:29 pm »
For install time it all depends on how good the guys doing it are, how well the kit fits and how you want it installed.  You can probably count on a day for paint, then anywhere from a few hours to a few days to install.  If the kit fits well and the installers are experienced and you just want a basic install it should basically bolt right on.  If you want everything blended it could be days.  Depends how busy the shop is too...

You're probably only looking at 8 hours labour if it goes well but it might take 3 days to a week.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Graeme Shaw

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2004, 06:20:23 pm »
As far as headlights go, here's the thing.  Some guys on Talk (DSMTalk) have bought 2G projector headlights, and replaced the ENTIRE PROJECTOR with BMW/Audi projectors, instead of just popping in HID bulbs.  That way, you get the stylishness of your projector housings, and the lighting of HID.  Probably around $200 more than stock (projector headlights+scavenged HID stuff+DIY install), but it'll light up the road way better.  But it's more work intensive.

Offline Lawrence Hahn

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2004, 11:09:12 pm »
awwwwww..i was looking thru the pics of ppl's cars...and Andreas Zervas already has orangeeee....CRAAAAAP...i guess my mango orange will have to look different somehow....
awrence

Offline Howard Hu

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2004, 11:58:12 pm »
k u know what

I HATE MY PROJECTORS
well i like the look of them =P but i hate the lightning

1 of them lights into the sky. non adjustable..the other one aims at people's eyes

in other words..i can't see crap on the road while i drive..i see people's faces in the other lane and birds in the sky..i just bottomed out today over a damn pothole..curbed my new rims a little bit..heartbroken
7 silver eclipse GST (SOLD)
05 alpine white wrx

Offline Lawrence Hahn

eclipse conversions??
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2004, 12:04:12 am »
ouch man...that REAALLY sucks..where did u get yer headlights from?? or what kind are they?  are they stock?
awrence