Author Topic: somethings wrong with my subs...  (Read 418 times)

Offline Jeff Rae

somethings wrong with my subs...
« on: January 22, 2004, 05:27:19 pm »
my subs, i have 2 alpine 12' type S subs and im pritty sure there blown or something else is wrong! then work but sometimes they crackle when they are turned down low....anyone know a place that repairs subs?
any info would help
thx

jeff
-- 98 Talon ESI --- Sold ---
--- 90 TSI AWD--- R.I.P ---
--- 98 spyder--- Traded ---
--- 95 TSI AWD ---

Offline Zak Mach

• http://www.imvasian.com
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 06:12:02 pm »
to check if their blown just push up & down on the cone. listen for the crackel sound..  maybe only one is messed up.. if u want to get it fixed.. its gonna cost you an arm & a leg.. better to just buy new ones.. but if u want to get it fixed got to knetic sound on fraser street near kingedward in Vancouver

Troy Simkus

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 06:21:10 pm »
why couldnt you put "subs" at the end of your title, i mean its only 4 letters, would it really be so hard to type?  The title is not meant to be part of your first sentence, it is meant to be a summary of what your topic is, it should not be vague, save the guessing games for revscene

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 06:30:42 pm »
i was hoping troy would say that so i wouldnt' have too...this happens way too often and its startin to get annoying
1992 Talon Tsi (Sold - Owned from 02-09)
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)
2008 Kawi Ninja250R (daily rider)
1998 Ford Explorer XLT (daily driver)

Offline Kimyee Lai

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 06:38:31 pm »
Darn Flavian started a trend!  Actually, what I do is if I need to guess at the title, I don't read the thread...

Offline Jeff Armstrong

• http://www.bc.dsm.org
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 06:39:34 pm »
I have edited the subject to make Troy happy.  Actually, he has a very good point.

Jeff, if you end up needing new subs, I have two 10 inch MTX's for sale.  You can even come over and hook them up in your car to see how they sound.  They are currently doubling as a shoe rack for Michelle...  I sold my amp so they aren't going back into my car.
3 Talon - Sold
LR Disco - Atleast I'm AWD now :|

Offline Jeff Rae

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 07:37:53 pm »
sorry that it offended everyone....i only did that so ppl would look at the thread! and so i would get those ppl who are like "ohh its about subs ..who cares" and then not knowing what i need help on
ok cool..thx jeff
-- 98 Talon ESI --- Sold ---
--- 90 TSI AWD--- R.I.P ---
--- 98 spyder--- Traded ---
--- 95 TSI AWD ---

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 10:53:10 pm »
push sub in lightly. No crackle? NEED MORE GROUNDS!! can never have enough of those things :D
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Troy Simkus

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 05:30:16 pm »
Quote from: "Jeff Rae"
sorry that it offended everyone....i only did that so ppl would look at the thread! and so i would get those ppl who are like "ohh its about subs ..who cares" and then not knowing what i need help on
ok cool..thx jeff

Exactly the point, you should only want the people who can/are willing to help to look at your thread, otherwise you're wasting everyone elses time.  If we wanted to decide whether we can/want to help in a topic after reading the whole post, titles wouldnt exist. However, they do exist so use them and help us help you.

Also by making it vague, you're likely alienating some of those people that could help but refuse to look at a vaguely marked topic.

In short, please try not to waste anybody's time.