Author Topic: SAFC installing  (Read 495 times)

Offline Ernie Turner

SAFC installing
« on: January 21, 2004, 06:18:36 pm »
how in the world are you supposted to get ur fingures into those tiny areas to solder the SAFC wires to the ECU wires?  That stuff is impossible!  I'm even having a hard time getting the plugs off of the ECU.  its really tuff.  Any good suggestions?
3 Subaru Impreza WRX - Rally Blue
91 Eagle Talon TSi FWD - Traded in.
14.1@101mph.

Offline Mike Meron

SAFC installing
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 06:30:06 pm »
peel passenger side carpet back and pull wiring harness from under center console area to ward passenger door.. then wire away

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

SAFC installing
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 07:14:05 pm »
find an electronic engineer (I.E. Andrew Scott), tell him you won't make him an intercooler unless he installs your AFC.  That's what I did, worked for me :laugh:

Actually, the way it was done on my car was with the stereo out and the carpet on the passenger side out, then you have room for a hand in one and a head in the other

Jovan
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Michael Cummings

SAFC installing
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 08:17:48 pm »
I can give you a few tips on getting the ecu out as myself and wade carlson have done it many times on both mine and his cars.....first obviously you need to undue the three 10mm bolts 2 on drivers side and 1 on passenger side..then lift the entire ecu out of its place and try to move it as far to the passenger side as possible...like you would if you were trying to remove it still with the plugs on it...now it will be easier to gain access to the plugs....the easiest way to do it is with a flathead screwdriver with a long shaft on it....using one hand reach behind the back of the ecu and push your finger down on the releasing button..then with the other hand use the flathead and put the flathead on the ridge of the plug on the front and push down.....keeping your other finger on the button behind...this way has worked for me several times
wade carlson also soldered for me on the harness....just takes patience..you need to have the hand with the iron through the central console area and your other hand wraped around from behind holding the wires.....just takes pateince
1992 Talon Tsi (Sold - Owned from 02-09)
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)
2008 Kawi Ninja250R (daily rider)
1998 Ford Explorer XLT (daily driver)

Offline Ernie Turner

SAFC installing
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 08:55:12 pm »
Thanx guys, You are my inspuration! :D
14.1@101mph.

Offline Ernie Turner

SAFC installing
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 02:53:01 am »
Woohoo!  Me and Richard got the SAFC in wit no problems.  The only problems was tryin to get into those lil corners.  Hard stuff but overall not too shabby.  I'm starting to like this car tuning stuff.  Now i gotta do my injectors.  Any tips for this?  Installing 550's that is.
14.1@101mph.

Offline Kevin Standeven

SAFC installing
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 03:47:44 pm »
it's really easy. just use a rag to catch excess gasoline, and don't lose the little rubber spacers for the injectors. they're a paaaaiiiin....
and use a precision screwdriver on the injector clips...pulling really hard breaks them.
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...