Author Topic: Question about MCCC.  (Read 451 times)

Offline Travis Merrick

Question about MCCC.
« on: January 20, 2004, 11:00:40 pm »
Alrighjt I dunno how many of you have used this to clean your valves or not, but I spray mine down the hose that sucks from the PCV valve, I hold the throttle up to about 2000rpm and squirt it down there.  Now I noticed something, the revs go WAYYYYY up when you squirt it in, this means its like fuel and is asking for more air.

Now for the question, could you rig up like a sprayer, sorta like a water injection and use MCCC as the spray, just very little bit.  Would it sorta be like NOS or would it basically just be like holding down the throttle a bit more?  I dont know how this would act when in boost as you cannot boost when the car is at idle.  What are your guys' thoughts.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
Re: Question about MCCC.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 02:21:21 am »
Quote from: "Travis Merrick"
I spray mine down the hose that sucks from the PCV valve
??????

Not sure about that. When I use it. I spray directly into TB, with the hose off just enough to get the nozzle in there and it certainly doesn't make revs go up. It tries to die and I need to rev more to keep it running. Not sure if that helps but with my situation it wouldn't seem a good thing to increase performance at all. :?

Offline Travis Merrick

Question about MCCC.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 04:56:53 am »
alright next time you do this, or you have some spare time, shoot it down the hose that the PCV valve is hooked up to.  It is weird as f*ck!  The revs go WAY up!

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Kevin Standeven

Question about MCCC.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 09:21:00 am »
I used the PVC valve hose into the intake manifold, and my idle would drop...maybe you confused your can of MCCC for a can of ether :)

But yeah, that's weird...and I don't see any way it would increase performance, it probably doesn't burn as clean as gas and yeah...just too many factors to think about it working for the better.
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline Marty van den Bosch

• http://martyvandenbosch.fotopic.net/
Question about MCCC.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 09:51:48 am »
The cleaner will be likely contain Methyl Alcohol - if you do not put in alot, it would be expected for your revs to go up (since you are reving it already)

At idle, however, it is more likely to bog the engine a bit an lower RPMs
991 Plymouth Laser FWD
12.0 @ 121.7mph

Offline Travis Merrick

Question about MCCC.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 11:13:57 am »
Well when you take off that hose it wants to idle and stall, so i use zap straps to hold the idle up and squirt some down, when i squirt it the revs go up from 1.5k to like 4k.  At the next minimeet i will show u guys what i mean, it only takes a few seconds to do.

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Michael Cummings

Question about MCCC.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 03:09:46 pm »
yea for sure i used the mccc in the pcv hose just like you said and it bogged me down insanelyyyyyyyy man like i would have to hold the throttle to try and keep the car from stalling..it shouldn't shoot up like that...maybe you should post this in the wet bar man cause your drunk buddy..hahah just kiddin..i'd like to see this happen however
1992 Talon Tsi (Sold - Owned from 02-09)
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)
2008 Kawi Ninja250R (daily rider)
1998 Ford Explorer XLT (daily driver)

Offline KevinBuckham

Question about MCCC.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 10:29:48 pm »
I used the PCV hose one mine and it tries to stall.  But then again I was holding the RPMs under about 2K.

I found that it didn't do too much, but the MCCC in the cylinders overnight really did the job.

-Kevin

Offline Travis Merrick

Question about MCCC.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 12:02:39 am »
alright im gonna show u fockers at FV meet on the 31st!

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles