Author Topic: Summer Dates - FVT and Shootout  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
Summer Dates - FVT and Shootout
« on: January 20, 2004, 05:48:19 pm »
I would like to get dates for these events determined fairly soon.   I have to put in my vacation requests, and would like to at least stand a decent chance of attending both events.

Due to staffing shortages at work,  getting time off can be difficult..... :x
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 05:50:03 pm »
i also would like to know these dates..espec the fvt
1992 Talon Tsi (Sold - Owned from 02-09)
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)
2008 Kawi Ninja250R (daily rider)
1998 Ford Explorer XLT (daily driver)

Offline Wade Carlson

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 05:58:39 pm »
can we try and put these on the same weekend?
that way i can make it to both seein as i have to come from the island :D
Had a DSM...........sold it............ never been happier

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 10:33:47 pm »
Maybe we can start making the plans now and maybe make it a weekend long thing, i know the bcmr2 club had a weekend long thing where they went for a cruise one day and autocrossed another day.  Maybe we could set something up but have it a track day.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Troy Simkus

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 11:31:26 pm »
whatever you do, do it, everyone talks about doing a track day but so very few actually look into what needs to be done.

I say plan for a definite drag/tour weekend, try a track day some other time, if it works out and someone figures out how to organize it, then do a bcdsm track day, but your turnout will still be low, people dont even come to autox because of the tire wear there, you think they'll actually come to a full track day?

I say do a mid-to-late may weekend, like the 22/23  When the mission track schedule comes out you can try and do the friday night thing, then hit up the FVT on either the saturday or sunday.

Offline Merlin Beerens

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 11:37:34 pm »
I like what we did last year... have the FVT earlier (late may-early June) then have the shootout in July or august.  Its just that the FVT creeps up so fast... and I know that everyone including myself would like there car to be the fastest that it can be for the shootout, thus giving people more time to scrounge up the money and time for mods....
url=http://gallery78402.fotopic.net/c223558.html]1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD[/url]

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 12:03:56 am »
Well lets do like last year, have a FVT/Shootout then in September have a year end shootout, sorta to compare and see the improvements over the begining of the season.  While im here at work tonight, im gonna start writing down some dates and what not, see what our options are, I can yack with Mission City Lodge as well to see if any Island guys or anybody that needs to find a place, see if we can geta  deal going with them.  Its a real nice lodge and about 30 seconds from the track.  Or on race day cause your boost 4 more psi, 20 seconds =)

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 12:21:31 am »
Alright how does June 4th Friday Night S/L night for the shootout sound.  Then Saturday we could have the FVT, this time we could have a bbq at our final destination.  Thats as long as people wanna help pack everything up and transport it, i can bring a small bbq, I suggest having approximately 4 of these small bbq's going, I will even donate my time to be Sr. Chef and cook most of the food up, as long as everyone else helps with everything else.  We could have a huge picnic basically on top of a Mtn =)

The 4th will give us 8 races before this one to tune and test, I suggest this year we actually have recognition awards (posts on the site).  Say for quickest time, most improved, slowest time for the buck award (i already donate this one to Robin "Blang Blang" Toor), fastest fwd, fastest mph, etc.  We could have some serious fun with it.  Maybe even have classes, like Heavily Modded, Modded, Slightly modded, and we would all post up what we have on here and we determine what class we are in before, set up a sheet for bracket knockouts.  Yah I know you dont get very many races, but we will be in that damn tech line as a whole by 3:00pm dammit!

What you guys think? Might be a lot of work but im definately up for it.  I will set up a little table where I can write down your time sheets, or even get my g/f's laptop and run a small database so we can do the lists.

As for the FVT, we should keep basically the same path as last year but have lunch up in Hope rather than in Harrison.  Harrison will be to hard to park in this year, im expecting a 30+ show up if all the island guys come out.

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 02:29:00 am »
That would sound awesome to me 8)
Having FVT after a Mission S/L works great for us Island guys. We can come to race, share hotel rooms (party) and then FVT the next day. That would be Sweet!!!! :P

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 04:14:25 am »
Great idea Travis!! Im up for that.

Troy Simkus

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 11:49:30 am »
Sounds good travis, make sure the date is officially finalized asap.

Dan Powers

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 12:36:31 pm »
Wow, I know some events I will not be missing in the summer!  The ideas outlined for all of this all sound fun, can't wait to take part or help out with anything I can.

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 01:38:33 pm »
Maybe a couple of us would like to get together and finalize over the details of whats involved, I can set dates and what not, but I will need help in what to do, ie organization.  I try and help as much as possible for events, I know some can sorta get boring, thats why we gotta make it fun.  I will also bring name tags so we know who everyone is.

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2004, 02:39:52 pm »
It would be cool to have the shootout coincide with a friday (day) test and tune....   well, if possible.. its easier for me to justify the time off if I can spend the afternoon getting some extra runs in........as we know, all it takes is one oil spewing blown motor to put an all too short end to the festivities........  :x

http://www.missionraceway.com/schedule.html

June 25th is a date that meets that criteria....  but its not a "long" weekend...... :(
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2004, 02:50:42 pm »
is test and tune free? Or do you have to get a bunch of people and sign up and pay for it? Because I was thinking... why not get a bunch of people together, chip in some small amount each, and book the test and tune for us and go crazy at the track all day getting like 10 runs in each, that way we dont have to waist the day waiting forever and watching all the domestics blow oil all over the track...