Author Topic: upping the boost  (Read 298 times)

Offline Derek Fung

• STOP ASKING ME IF ITS TURBO!! YOU CAN HEAR IT!!!!
upping the boost
« on: January 07, 2004, 12:44:41 pm »
ok, i'm not sure if anyone has asked this question before.
i got a good deal with an SAFC, i'm going to hook it up pretty soon. and was wondering if i could just use the SAFC without rewiring the fuel pump?
2.3l fully built stroker. gt35r powered
12.126 @ 121.03

Offline Andrew Scott

upping the boost
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 01:53:14 pm »
You could use it to lean out a bit, but make sure you log. A SAFC is fairly useless without fuel mods, but you can still install it.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline John Hartman

upping the boost
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 06:38:26 pm »
yea, what he said, throw it in, but MAKE SURE you have a logger!!  And USE IT!!  Without knowing what you are doing, you CAN break your engine.

I used my safc to compensate for my ported MAF while I still had the stock pump and injectors in there.

Once you learn how to log and use the safc, then when you put in the bigger pump and injectors it won't overwhelm you.  

Its a bit of a commitment and a steep curve at first.

here is a couple of good safc install links.  http://www.plymouthlaser.com/safc.htm  http://shannon.v8eaters.com/images/boostin/New_SAFC_Instructions/AFC%20instructions.htm  Pay attention to ALL the instructions, they are important.

after its in, go to the "techs, specs and reviews" section of our forums and look for the entry on "pre-existing support"  There are lots of good ones in there.  The links in my post are to do with tuning with a logger and safc.

Best of luck :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods