Author Topic: next meet? anyone?  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Travis Merrick

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2003, 09:00:47 am »
I believe the 29th is gonna be the date, the 15th is just to damn close to right now, we cant expect to get a good turnout 1 week in advance, its been proven in "recent" meets that short notice is a bad thing, long notice, or longer notice (ie. FVT) proves much better yields on the DSM front.  Also last years CC meet was awesome, big turn out, alot of guys showed up, some pretty tricked out cars to like Don in the FMIC A4 and Lowell in his baby, also the talon mountain climber showed up as well.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
next meet? anyone?
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2003, 09:26:08 am »
Ok,

According to the votes we collected when we started doing this, the monthly meets are the first weekend of the month w/ alternating days (Sat/Sun) to accomodate those who work.

According to this structure, the next meet should be Dec 6th/7th.  This should be the next "Club Meet".

If ppl wanna hook up any other time, feel free - but it won't be a "BC DSM" meet.  I'm not tryin to be Hitler here, but we've already gone thru the process of discovery for who works what and when's best for who etc etc.  You can't please everyone, but if there's a structure in place that ppl follow, then ppl can plan around that.  If I knew the next meet was on Dec 6th, then I'd make sure I had the time to book time off from work.  Furthermore, then knowing the next meet would be Jan 4th, I could make arrangements now for it considering it's just after the Christmas break and getting time off isn't easy.  See where I'm going?  The Club Meets are for the Club, your participation is voluntary.

On a personal level, I think we should aim for Dec 7th.  Give ppl plenty of time to make sure they have the time off (if necessary) and ensure the details of the meet are properly layed out.  This will also conform to our existing standards for monthly club meets.

My two cents...

-Andrew
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Mike Schmid

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2003, 10:11:48 am »
Andrew, I agree with you in that the monthly meets should be regularly scheduled like that so people can plan ahead.  However, i think there's no reason this meet on the 15th or 29th or whatever can't be a BCDSM meet, just that it'll be a non regularly scheduled meet, instead of a monthly meet.  

But there should be a meet on the 6/7 if we're going to get back into the monthly meets, which I'd like to see.  The question is if we want a 15/29 meet and then a 6/7 meet right after it.  Either way, I'll be gone for both...  :roll:
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Travis Merrick

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2003, 11:59:48 am »
maybe we should schedule it for the 6th, we should make this one a saturday because of the alternating dates, october was on a sunday and no one showed up, the 6th would be really nice.

Everyone up for 6th?  This is a BCDSM scheduled meet.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Jeff Armstrong

• http://www.bc.dsm.org
next meet? anyone?
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2003, 12:27:47 pm »
Quote from: "Travis Merrick"
 Also last years CC meet was awesome, big turn out, alot of guys showed up, some pretty tricked out cars to like Don in the FMIC A4 and Lowell in his baby, also the talon mountain climber showed up as well.

Last years September CC meet was sort of a rare meet.  It was the 1 year anniversary of BC DSM.  It was a great turn out, I agree, but I don't think it was entirely because of the location  :wink:
3 Talon - Sold
LR Disco - Atleast I'm AWD now :|

Offline Merlin Beerens

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2003, 01:09:02 pm »
i'm good for the 29th, if not, then make it the 6th.
url=http://gallery78402.fotopic.net/c223558.html]1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD[/url]

Troy Simkus

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2003, 03:05:36 pm »
god forbid i still have my car by then, but if so then i'll be there.

Offline Mike Schmid

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2003, 03:22:39 pm »
Don't worry Troy, if you don't have your car at that point you can still come.... you'll just have to park your big gas guzzling Silly Ugly Vehicle (SUV) around the corner in the back somewhere ;)
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline John Hartman

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2003, 05:07:03 pm »
:D
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Matt Demick

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2003, 05:10:10 pm »
so yea....... CONFUSED MUCH?! i am.   there is too much in this form, my advice is to start a new one with the date, time, and place with a sign up sheet. I like simple  :D
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Dan Powers

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 10:46:59 am »
Yeah man start up a new topic w/ sigh up form.  I'm down for commin out, have never been to a meeting.  Probally becuase i'm new ;)  but yeah.  Would be nice to meet some of u guys & bother you with car questions  :twisted:

Offline John Hartman

next meet? anyone?
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2003, 04:59:15 pm »
yea, I like to meet people and put names to the faces. Plus learning stuff is great :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods