Author Topic: retaining cruise control with aftermarket steering wheel.  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Charn Gill

retaining cruise control with aftermarket steering wheel.
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:21:26 pm »
 I know somebody here must've done this. Looking to get some info on installing an aftermarket steering wheel and retaining my cruise control functions. The cc seems to be a momentary switch (accel/resume, coast/set and cancel) my question is, would it be possible to rig this up to those nos button attachments you can buy for your steering wheel? or one of them racing wheels with the two extra accessory thumb buttons?
Anyone ever tried this? Thanks in advance

95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

We all own DSM's so clearly we like abusive relationships - Rob Armstrong

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: retaining cruise control with aftermarket steering wheel.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 03:27:46 am »
im sure you could rig something up... but on 2g's its hard to retain any steering wheel controls due to the clockspring not fitting aftermarket wheels usually.  easiest way would be to remove the stock switch from the steering wheel, and mount it it so it sticks out of the lower rear side of the steering column instead... or somewhere of choice instead of having it off the steering wheel.  That's what I was going to do on my 2g, but havnt got around to doing it yet.  Also with 2g's, aftermarket wheels are hard to also get the horn working again due to the clockspring not working.  I rigged up a custom spring loaded electrical contact with the back of the aftermarket wheel in order to get it working like stock again on my 2g (with aftermarket momo wheel)
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Bryan Hoytema

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 09:28:25 am »
Well if fast and furious taught you anything those are supposed to be used for NOS ;)

Offline Kyle Pickens

• not fast enough... yet
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 05:45:46 pm »
You need more NOS! Cruise control isn't for serious racers
13 Focus ST3!!! 98 GSX!!!!!

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 12:54:12 pm »
Well if fast and furious taught you anything those are supposed to be used for NOS ;)

+1  ;D

Seriously though, in the 14 years that I've owned my Talon, I've never used the cc. I don't even use the cc in the Caddy but that's just me. To each their own mang.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:55:57 pm by Ryan Singh »
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 09:34:18 pm »
Since I'm always driving long distances for work, I use my cruise control a lot. Prevents me from getting speeding tickets and helps ease up my sciatic when it acts up cause I can take my foot off the pedal and keep moving :)
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 03:51:09 am »
haha, I like it too.  Too bad u didn't live down here.   I could wire that custom cruise switch up for u asap.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 08:52:54 pm »
haha, I like it too.  Too bad u didn't live down here.   I could wire that custom cruise switch up for u asap.

Brett. I do. moved back down in October. working out n.van now. :)