Author Topic: fuel line question  (Read 369 times)

Offline GlenMartin

fuel line question
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:05:27 pm »
ok so i was taking my fuel pump out to inspect it and i tore the hose that goes from the saddle/or girdle/cage or whatever its called that holds the fuel pump in the tank, (cant think right now what its called) the other end goes to the hard fuel feed line that goes to the engine bay. there are three lines, two that are just hose clamped on, and another that is threaded on. i am talking about the one that is threaded. so i have been trying to track down a new one and just cant find one. tried ebay, rtm racing. lordco has no idea what i am talking about. anyway to the point. i have a 6an stainless water line, from the 16g install kit i bought, with the same threads on either end, and it just so happens to be the same length. can i use it? while searching online all the stainless fuel lines i saw are stainless braided over a rubber hose in the middle. i took a flash light and looked down the one i have, and it doesn't look like the inside is rubber. no idea how it seals, maybe its not meant for high pressure stuff i thought, but then again the water lines are under some pressure. i searched online and it doesn't appear that gas is reactive with stainless, so i dont think the gas will corrode through the line, but i am hesitant to put it in. any thoughts?
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline Eddie ly

Re: fuel line question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:03:12 pm »
Ss AN-6 lines are usually rubber inside, and good for gasoline.

Offline Eddie ly

Re: fuel line question
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 09:30:15 pm »
By looking from one end with the fitting already fitted, you'll only see the ID of the fitting's barb, which is about an 1 1/2" or so inside the line.