Author Topic: How much power will I make? UPDATED  (Read 9425 times)

Offline Ryan Singh

Re: How much power will I make?
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »
Sorry I didn`t mean to come off bitchy...my bad bro.

Well at the end of the day, I would pay for all of it but they would take care of arranging the whole parts list and what not, it would be shipped to them and I believe I would be paying them and not the company that it comes from. Yeah they would be putting it all together also because I have the head which has already been machined sitting there along with the head from the other motor. Pretty much they have two heads there, mine which was resurfaced which is the one they will be building...plus the one from the bad engine that I bought. I am having the lifters and valves from that one put into mine, along with all the other parts for the head which they will do all of once they get the block. So still lots of work to do...just been waiting on Magnus for the block this whole time but time to switch places now because they fucked around too much.  :(
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2013, 05:23:39 pm »
If you are looking for a built block then may I suggest you contact VTECH THIS on dsmtuners. He has a 6 bolt 2.3 shortblock for sale with less than 3500 miles on it. He is asking $2250 for it and he is very reputable. I just bought a wastegate from him and the shipping was fast with tracking.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Bryan Hoytema

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2013, 05:49:11 pm »
Don't worry I was thinking you thought I was gettig bitchy ; ) , No drama here man : )
Heres a link to what mark mentioned

http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds/4g63-dsm-parts-for-sale-1/built-23l-je-scat-knife-edged-65791/

Are the valves going to be good to just swap them in ? Are you going to get them lapped in or machined ? Cause you don't want any gaps between seat and valve ,
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:50:53 pm by Bryan Hoytema »

Offline Richard Steger

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »
What about other famous US tuner/builders?  Buschur Racing, AMS?
https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_54_149&osCsid=421a5c412e62694c5cad8aeb4769d15c
Maybe email John Shepperd and ask him who he would trust to build a DD upgrade shortblock...
1992 Laser AWD Turbo 6/4 bolt 5 spd. K&N, 2.5" catless exhaust, free mods...14.29 sec @ 92.24mph
Sold for sake of mortgage downpayment :-(
2003 Mazda Protege 5, sold
1995 Lexus LS400, sold
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2013, 11:12:49 pm »
shipping??    the FUG?    call me,   ill pick your blown shit up and drive your motor to RG.    its no big deal.  :P

If you arent going to boost the hell out of it, just go stock internals.     But you can get piston and rod package deals for a pretty good price.  Get your crank checked out before anything.  Thats potentially the most expensive part.  
Call Canada Engines and see if they have a block.   They offered me a complete 6bolt short block that needed a rebuild for $150, back when I was looking.

337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2013, 11:14:42 pm »
And I agree with mark.   That guy ' VTECHTHIS ' has good parts.
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2013, 08:07:38 pm »
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the advice.

I contacted VTECH THIS already so just waiting to hear back from him.

shipping??    the FUG?    call me,   ill pick your blown shit up and drive your motor to RG.    its no big deal.  :P

If you arent going to boost the hell out of it, just go stock internals.     But you can get piston and rod package deals for a pretty good price.  Get your crank checked out before anything.  Thats potentially the most expensive part.  
Call Canada Engines and see if they have a block.   They offered me a complete 6bolt short block that needed a rebuild for $150, back when I was looking.

Haha, I meant shipping from Florida for the one I was looking at having built.

I wasn't going to tell you guys yet....but ahhh fuck it, might as well. After it's built, my car's not going to be a daily driver anymore for long...probably just for the first 6 months or so. I have a baby on the way so I'm going to be getting another car as a dd and parking mine and taking it out whenever I feel like for fun. Most likely looking at either a 2013 Charger or a 1-2 year old Challenger. The baby is due in May but the new car isn't happening until around summer or so.  ;D

Ok so question for you guys...if I go with the 2.3L stroker, do I need to do anything else for it to work with my 7bolt head or is the same application as a regular block?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:44:48 pm by Ryan Singh »
2001 Altezza RS200

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2013, 11:17:26 pm »
Only problem with doing a local build is finding a good block. I've already wasted time with that so decided to go this route. If someone has a block that they can 100% with confidence say that it's good to go then yeah, for sure.

These shops that build race blocks should have a decent supply of usable blocks that have been resurfaced so that's why I went that route. Just no more energy to run around...I just want it done.

I have 6 bolt block ....haven't look at it closely. I might inspect it if someone wants it.
I don't see anything wrong with sleeving a block....(assuming the sleeve go .020 over)
Honda's do it to strengthen the block.
Aluminum Race motors have sleeves..
Sleeves don't have problems with core shift.. No need to sonic test the cylinder walls .
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:21:52 pm by daniel Dee »
92 AWD TSI 5spd<br />Built motor ,AEM EMS, Arc2 cdi 1050cc&1000cc Staged injectors Billet S366 T4,top mount manifold.666 AWHP@39psi (RG Dyno 2010). New mods E85, BF cams, 72mm turbo, 70mm throttle body />90 TSI (gone), 95 TSI 5 spd sold, 93 Mazda 5sp(sold), 97 Acura 5spd Vtec 99 Audi A4 quad 5sp 2018 Civicturbo 6sp ktuner

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2013, 11:51:49 pm »

Ok so question for you guys...if I go with the 2.3L stroker, do I need to do anything else for it to work with my 7bolt head or is the same application as a regular block?

Thanks

if its a 6 bolt shortblock you'll have to have the block machined to fit your 7 bolt head.. really isn't expensive.
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2013, 07:56:11 am »
Its not the block that needs machining, its the head. You will need to have the bolt holes enlargened by 1mm to fit the 6 bolt head studs. I run a 2g head on my 6 bolt stroker.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Bryan Hoytema

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2013, 08:43:30 am »
If the 2g has smaller ports for intake and exhaust then the 1g , what convinces you to make the change ?

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2013, 09:28:25 am »
If the 2g has smaller ports for intake and exhaust then the 1g , what convinces you to make the change ?

Seems like the popular way to go, I`ve been told by many that the 2g head with a 6 bolt block is the way to go.
2001 Altezza RS200

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2013, 01:03:49 pm »
Its not the block that needs machining, its the head. You will need to have the bolt holes enlargened by 1mm to fit the 6 bolt head studs. I run a 2g head on my 6 bolt stroker.

muh bad
She lives.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2013, 01:05:36 pm »

easier swap into a 2g, better VE, improved combustion chamber.
She lives.

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2013, 09:15:21 pm »
So now with the stroker 2.3...how much do think I will be at?

2001 Altezza RS200