Author Topic: How much power will I make? UPDATED  (Read 9431 times)

Offline Ryan Singh

Re: How much power will I make?
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2013, 02:13:13 pm »
I was going to have them do just the one but I think I'm bailing on that block. Time for another one. Fuck, at this rate my car will never finish.  :'(
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2013, 02:35:45 pm »
the club.. welcome to it.    :'(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:40:46 pm by kevin derhouson »
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2013, 05:06:39 pm »
I guess if I ever find a good 6 bolt block I should hold onto it. Seems the same way with heads. 

6 bolt blocks are getting to a be a bitch to find a good one nowadays
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 09:38:37 pm »
I guess if I ever find a good 6 bolt block I should hold onto it. Seems the same way with heads. 

6 bolt blocks are getting to a be a bitch to find a good one nowadays

Yes sir...and with this in mind, I've decided to go ahead with a Magnus built bottom end, and an RG built head. They're just looking into the details for me so hopefully all goes well.

Doing the shortblock stage 1:

http://magnusmotorsports.com/products/engines-and-internals/dsmevo-shortblock-stage-1/#.UeTOMo2Tjgw
2001 Altezza RS200

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »
Slowboy racing offers a similar bottem end for about 500 less.   Atleast, thats what I saw in the vendors section on DSM tuners recently.
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2013, 10:10:26 pm »
Buy my 2.4 and build it for less then that.
You also need to send them a good block.
Not sure if you seen that.

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2013, 10:16:11 pm »
$1500 or so for rods and pistons. $400 for block and $1000+/- for machining.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2013, 10:21:43 pm »
i think ryan is staying away from used blocks ahah,  i think the block with the gouge in it was from your old 2G rob?  lol i figured that engine had some bottom end issues.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 11:07:55 pm »
Pretty sure that's why I gave it away for nothing.
Also sure I told him to have you look it over before he purchased it. (Not from me)
He's gonna need to buy one for somone or Magnus for $500 regardless.

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2013, 01:21:23 am »
All good guys...I found a block for dirt cheap, but if I factor in shipping and cost of it...and then what if it gets there and it's not usable (or not to their standards?) then I'm out more cash...so fuck it! I'm just paying the extra $500 for a good one...biting the bullet this time. It's peace of mind for me mang. No disrespect to you Rob or Travis, you were both very upfront on the status of that block and I was just trying to cut corners and save money hoping that it would all work out in my favor...lesson learned brohiems. No bad vibes anywhere.  :)

I just want to get it going again because taking the fuckin bus sucks balls...yeah there are lots of women on transit, but there's nothing like having your sunroof open with tunes playing in your ride with your hair on fire like Goose and maverick asking to buzz the tower one mo' time.  ;D

2001 Altezza RS200

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »
So I think I'm going to ditch Magnus for the built block. These guys are taking way too fucking long doing anything at all. It took them 3 weeks just to send a quite to RG. I'm considering going with a Built4G63.com block now. It's not a local vendor, but they seem to have way better reviews and customer service then the Magnus jokers.

2001 Altezza RS200

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2013, 04:43:43 pm »
Even they say 4-6 weeks for delivery.
How much longer is Magnus supposed to be?
What did you need a quote from them for? Are the prices not posted on their website?

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2013, 07:46:34 am »
Well, RG's been trying to get hold of Magnus to start the build since June. At first they were saying that they had no cores and couldn't find any...kinda funny considering that they build motors but don't have a steady flow of these? Makes the company look not as professional as I once though it was.

So anyway, RG calls and no one answers so leave a message and no one replies. Then when they do reply they tell RG that they will be closed for all of August but oh wait...we have cores now so yeah, you still have to wait though until after August.

Then in September they try contacting them again and it seems like they're having to pull teeth just to talk to someone. 3+ weeks ago, Tariq told me that he was waiting for Magnus to get back to him with a quote and they never did. So a few days ago I emailed Magnus directly and asked where the quote was and why it was taking so long, the next day they sent the quote to RG with inflated prices. The guy said...yeah our prices on our website are out of date and I need to update them. Original price is supposed to be $22xx.xx plus $500 for a core so like $2700-2800+tax and shipping. The new price he gave is something like $3500+tax and shipping. So with this kind of fucking around on their part...if it takes them this long (5 months) just to get them to sell me something, how long would it take to get service if there was a defective or malfunctioning part?

Too shady for my liking...I don't mind paying a bit extra in shipping and currency differences from Florida, even if it takes another two months to get it from Built4g63.

The quote was because they have options on which pistons you go with, there's a slight difference in price and compression ratio.
2001 Altezza RS200

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2013, 08:47:07 am »
sounds typical for magnus.. bunch of bullshit, delays etc.
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Matt Vangaalen

• VangaBuilt
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2013, 09:01:29 am »
Have a look the thedsmgraveyard.com
6 bolt short block (.02 over evo9 pistons). Straight cut oil pump gears. Ported 2g head and manifolds, GSC S1 cams(adjustable gears), undercut SS valves, bronze guides, Manley springs. Fp's Big T28, stock 02 into 2.5 downpipe, 3" from the flex section back. Apex'i N1 muffler. ETS fmic. 1g bov. 1g throttle body. 255lph pump. 660cc injectors. AFPR. SD on Link V3. 345 ft lbs 345 hp.