Author Topic: Cobra brakes w/ABS  (Read 497 times)

Offline Ricky Grewal

Cobra brakes w/ABS
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:21:36 pm »
So I pull apart my brakes and start getting everything prepped, get the hubcentric ring on, and go to place the nice 13" rotor on when all of a sudden.. Umm, uh-oh I need 2 more holes in this rotor for it to sit flat. Hmm should I drill a couple out, no that can't be a good idea, how about just pull the bolts out, that's probably worse than the first idea.
There are two bolt heads sticking out of the hub face, I believe they hold the ABS trigger wheel in place.. just wondering if anyone else has faced this problem and what their solution was..

i'm gonna try to link a pic to show what i'm talking about.. If this works it is the obvious bolts there..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
Re: Cobra brakes w/ABS
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:39:58 pm »
There are two bolt heads sticking out of the hub face, I believe they hold the ABS trigger wheel in place.. just wondering if anyone else has faced this problem and what their solution was..

i'm gonna try to link a pic to show what i'm talking about.. If this works it is the obvious bolts there..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
No big deal just drill two holes on your rotors to fit the bolt heads..I had to do this on my non ABS rotors.
92 AWD TSI 5spd<br />Built motor ,AEM EMS, Arc2 cdi 1050cc&1000cc Staged injectors Billet S366 T4,top mount manifold.666 AWHP@39psi (RG Dyno 2010). New mods E85, BF cams, 72mm turbo, 70mm throttle body />90 TSI (gone), 95 TSI 5 spd sold, 93 Mazda 5sp(sold), 97 Acura 5spd Vtec 99 Audi A4 quad 5sp 2018 Civicturbo 6sp ktuner

Offline Ricky Grewal

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:08:41 pm »
Perfect, that's what i figured, just wanted to be sure..
Thank-you. 8)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:47:04 pm »
might I ask what you are doing with the dremel?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Ricky Grewal

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 01:06:44 am »
lol, I had a feeling someone would ask that.
It's not me in that pic, I just used the picture to show the bolts causing the obstruction. I believe the guy in that picture was removing the ABS ring (after an ABS delete) to gain access to the rear of the hub to make it easier to change wheel studs.. He cut it in a couple spots undid the bolts and broke it off iirc.