Author Topic: Clutch bleeding issue  (Read 372 times)

Offline Mike Brake

Clutch bleeding issue
« on: July 21, 2012, 06:17:21 pm »
Swapped a 5 speed into a 95 420a talon. I've gravity fed fluid thru the clutch lines til it was a steady stream assuming that would give me a good head start, I then pumped an held down the pedal, opened the bleeder, close the bleeder, let pedal up and pump away etc etc pretty standard. However I'm getting absolutely zero pressure in the lines. Checked all connections and lines and have no leaks. Is there something that I somehow am overlooking or should I be looking for a new clutch master cylinder.
Dsm.... Desperatly Seeking Maintenance

Offline Jordan Kruger

Re: Clutch bleeding issue
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 06:25:37 pm »
The master cylinder could be over extended, not allowing for the auto bleed feature to work. If you are under the car, try to push the slave rod back into the slave cylinder. If the slave cylinder rod wont budge, then you have the master over extended. Could be the issue..
Or it could just need to be bled better...
If you have help,  get them to floor it while you bleed, and get them to lift the pedal as high as it can go once the bleeders shut.    and repeat.
Once you start to get the feel back in the pedal and you think youve bled the line enough,   I recommend bleeding the slave. Its always helps me to get max throw.   Once the lines are bled,    dont press the pedal or anything.  Just go to the slave   and open the bleeder and press the slave rod back into its bore...   while your pushing it in slowly  close the bleeder back up near the end of its stroke.   Always works for me.  :)
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Mike Brake

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:11:36 pm »
I'm able to compress the rod back into the slave cylinder.  And I've continued with the standard pedal down , open,close pedal up. 30 mins later still zero pressure not even the slightest squirt when opening the blessed valve, just drips out. Does this sound like a bad master cylinder.

Offline Mike Brake

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 07:18:24 pm »
When I push the clutch pedal down the fluid level rises in the resevior rather than moving down the lines. Pretty sure the seals in the master cylinder are worn and the fluid is bypassing. Ordering a rebuild kit in the morning.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:37:07 pm by Mike Brake »