Author Topic: Anyone ever had this problem  (Read 306 times)

Offline Allen fong

• Lying that my car fast since 1990
Anyone ever had this problem
« on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:46 am »
So in the repairing process I decided to remove and inspect the turbo )E316g)
No wobble, all dry but small leak in the o2 housing gasket and a very poor porting job. (I do have creep) so I ported the hell outta it and opened the wastegate flapper (didn't install larger flapper) allowing it to open as wide as possible. Gasket matched both side of the o2 housing, when I noticed that the wastegate flapper hits the side of the o2 housing and would only allow it to open 1/4's of the way? I stuck a fibre optics cable down the o2 housing to see how bad it was, well I can understand why I had creep and there is no way all that porting was going to help until the flapper can open up 90 degrees. Well I decided to solve the problem will be by removing as much of the flange as possible without reducing the strength of the weld. I looks good so far and time will tell, So I'm hoping I have zero boost creep after this!

Before...

After pics to come!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:36:58 pm by Allen fong »
1993 1G AWD

SOLD:1998 Talon AWD E316G @ 25 psi, EVO 8 ECU with, HKS 272/272 cams, Walbro 255 + rewire, ACT 2100 with street disk, 3" exhaust no cat, Aeromotive FP regulator, EVO 3 Throttle Body, EVO 3 intake mani, 1000cc inj, GM 3bar map, PR FMIC, Aem Truboost, Aem Wideband, Devils Own Meth on progressive controller.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: Anyone ever had this problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 03:11:10 pm »
yeah i have done lots of porting work to the o2 flapper area and the runners... seems as soon as you put a 3" downpipe and catless exhuast on it it creeps.  Not much you can do about it unless you go to a external wastegate... or just run your boost at 26+ psi... that seemed to take care of all the "creep" problems lol.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Allen fong

• Lying that my car fast since 1990
Re: Anyone ever had this problem
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »
Flapper opens up 90 degs now!
It's tuned for 28 psi so the creep isnt an issue until she get hot! That's where I believe I run into problems
Nothing meth won't cure... I hope!
1993 1G AWD

SOLD:1998 Talon AWD E316G @ 25 psi, EVO 8 ECU with, HKS 272/272 cams, Walbro 255 + rewire, ACT 2100 with street disk, 3" exhaust no cat, Aeromotive FP regulator, EVO 3 Throttle Body, EVO 3 intake mani, 1000cc inj, GM 3bar map, PR FMIC, Aem Truboost, Aem Wideband, Devils Own Meth on progressive controller.