Author Topic: Transmission Q  (Read 744 times)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: Transmission Q
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 07:30:46 pm »
spray some penetrating lubricant in there if you can and let it soak... might help.

I was going to say that you might have a shifter linkage problem considering it was setup for a 2G tranny before... and at one point that car was a automatic tranny car with mitch first had it!! so im sure it has a host of missmatched parts in it.  But going off when you initially in your first post you said you couldnt get it into gear even with the linkage disconnected...  but now it does go into gear???

If its a 1990 Transmission then you need a 1990 shifter linkage (including the shifter assembly in the car, cables and the shifter assembly/bracket that bolts to the transmission.  If its a 91-94 transmission, in a 1990 car. then you can easily modify the shift arm on the 91-94 trans to work with the 1990 stuff...  or you can just swap in a 91-94 shifter assembly, cables and make sure you have 91-94 shifter brackets on the tranny as well.  I have done both...  and made both work in a 1990 car with a 93 tranny, and also i had a 91 car that i put in a 1990 tranny.

Good luck!
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Jordan Kruger

Re: Transmission Q
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 09:11:00 pm »
Oddly enough,  yea..  I wasnt able to get it into gear before at the linkage...

all thats stopping me now is that damn ball.   Im getting the shift cables and base that worked WITH this particular trans tomm.   Should help :)
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.