Author Topic: So when is the next Chilliwack meet?  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Mike Schmid

So when is the next Chilliwack meet?
« on: September 26, 2003, 09:28:02 pm »
For all us eastern valleyers, and any GVRD guys who want to make the drive, when are we having another Chilliwack area meet?  This weekend would just be a hang out one for me because I still haven't sold my Laser and don't have my logger cable yet... grrr  I haven't even had time to list it yet... I was going to bolt the rear seat back in the Laser last weekend but couldn't find the bolts, now it's a week later and I found the bolts but haven't had time to bolt the seat in, how lame is that?

Hopefully Kevin and Ryan and whoever else wanted to make it to the last meet could come out this time.  If we do it at John's house again I'll bring the Talon's MAF so we can port it   :D
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Kevin Standeven

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 03:14:26 am »
A Chilliwack meet sounds good soon, just make sure it's not thanksgiving weekend. I still haven't met you Mike, yet you live just around the bend...
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 10:51:20 am »
I'm up for it for sure, but not this weekend, too friggin busy.

Painting my wheels, football, going sailing in Harrison Lake, going to Mike Merons house to get my fuel pressure regulator, and all the regular stuff like eating etc :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Ryan O'Rourke

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 01:38:58 pm »
Yea another meet soon would be great.. im available thurs-sat
I think if i stiff john on one more meet hes gonna smack me  :laugh:

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2003, 08:46:41 am »
hehe, no, its you that is missing the food, fun etc :)

would be nice to meet you tho :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Ryan O'Rourke

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 02:14:57 pm »
Any ideas on a meet day guys? :shock:

Offline Dave St Denis

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 05:03:18 pm »
This isn't really on topic, but I figured John would look at a reply in here, plus I think I'm the only Chilliwack member that hasn't replied to this thread. lol. Anyways, John, I did manage to get that paint off with laquer thinner, I figured I had nothing to lose, so I gave it a try and it turned out ok, and it was better than forking out $200 for all 4 front lenses from those vultures at alder auto!
91 TSi AWD (Sold)
07 300C

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 05:25:53 pm »
wow, cool!!

I would not be able to try that at work, because if we screwed it up, we'd have to fork out the money :P

If you want them polished with a machine, swing by one day, and I can see if it needs it.  Sometimes lacquer thinner can soften up plastic pretty bad, leaving wipe marks from the rag.

as far as a meet goes, what do you guys want to do??

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 07:50:21 pm »
As for a meet in the near future I'm out... i'm stuck in alberta next 10 days or so.. again... I'm getting so sick of that drive   :?
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Ryan O'Rourke

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 10:42:11 pm »
Casual - bs and bbq works for me..
like i said, wouldnt mind having some of you mechanically inclined do a quick "diagnosis" of my baby...i know she has some issues, i just dont know what they are lol...

Saturdays work best for moi... i rarely have plans other then being hungover that day..........

Offline mitchell hamilton

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 10:22:36 pm »
Hey I would not mind coming out for something, and of course meeting some of ya'll, i live in abby and weekends work for me. (providing of course this frickin rain stops) :D
90 Tsi AWD, 4 bolt LSD-Fresh rebuild
Eibach's, front-mount,ACT clutch,Wally 255,FPR, 3inch Turbo Back, In Black Cherry.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2003, 04:48:02 pm »
yea Saturdays are best for me too, and seeing as we have it tentatively planned at my place(tho others are more than welcome to do it too), I guess its a saturday thing.

Offline Ryan O'Rourke

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2003, 04:10:31 pm »
so we got a date yet or what? :shock:

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2003, 05:38:48 pm »
not this one, we's all headin out to the big smoke to see some of them cityfied hay wagons :)

Offline Ryan O'Rourke

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2003, 09:49:58 pm »
Quote from: "John Hartman"
not this one, we's all headin out to the big smoke to see some of them cityfied hay wagons :)

the what n the who n the.. what??