Author Topic: act smooth spline hub  (Read 3991 times)

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
Re: act smooth spline hub
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 07:11:40 pm »
Can ACT replace the spline center for you???
Better the clutch than the transmission I guess.
92 AWD TSI 5spd<br />Built motor ,AEM EMS, Arc2 cdi 1050cc&1000cc Staged injectors Billet S366 T4,top mount manifold.666 AWHP@39psi (RG Dyno 2010). New mods E85, BF cams, 72mm turbo, 70mm throttle body />90 TSI (gone), 95 TSI 5 spd sold, 93 Mazda 5sp(sold), 97 Acura 5spd Vtec 99 Audi A4 quad 5sp 2018 Civicturbo 6sp ktuner

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 07:28:34 pm »
I purchased the clutch more than 90days ago  :(

and I honestly wont waste my time with used shit anymore..   Im going new whenever I can. all at once.     Its expensive, thats for sure.. But Ive got one hell of a goody-bag coming from RTM racing    ;D

My goal is to get this thing dialed for the track.   (seems like thats always been the goal)  But Im going balls to the wall with the probjct car till next summer.  ;)   
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 08:32:21 pm »
But Im going balls to the wall with the probjct car till next summer.  ;)   

me too, cept i'm just making mine prettier under the hood (still pretty ugly under there) :)
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Greg Durban

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 10:00:20 pm »
I purchased the clutch more than 90days ago  :(

and I honestly wont waste my time with used shit anymore..   Im going new whenever I can. all at once.     Its expensive, thats for sure.. But Ive got one hell of a goody-bag coming from RTM racing    ;D

My goal is to get this thing dialed for the track.   (seems like thats always been the goal)  But Im going balls to the wall with the probjct car till next summer.  ;)   

Effin eh!! You better post up some pics of all the madness going into it this winter.
1991 Eagle Talon AwD
1993 Plymouth Laser RS
"Being your own backyard mechanic is what owning a DSM is all about." DSMtuners.com

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 10:16:24 pm »
Im hoping youll be able to see it run good numbers at mission.  ;)         Im not a guy to stand there with my hood open..  but Im really happy with my engine bay..    I think custom charge piping can change the look of a motor a lot.  A good wiring tuck is nice too.  Anything Ive bought or made under the hood is welded aluminum to keep the same look as the engine bay once had with its large SMIM.    I also like minimal colors under the hood.    Im not ballin outta control, so the industrial look is easier to accomplish than chrome  :D   
How can the car be a show car when you need a bottle of every fluid and tools in the back..... " just in case "    lol

and I still dont have a fire extinguisher..  and apparently they tend to burn well.

in my case, the fire will start at the clutch disk...  lol

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 03:51:05 pm »
we need a "like" button!!

Like Lowells post.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 05:14:47 pm »
lol.    Ive gone allllllll new..  im excited.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 05:30:03 pm »
Im hoping youll be able to see it run good numbers at mission.  ;)         Im not a guy to stand there with my hood open..  but Im really happy with my engine bay..    I think custom charge piping can change the look of a motor a lot.  A good wiring tuck is nice too.  Anything Ive bought or made under the hood is welded aluminum to keep the same look as the engine bay once had with its large SMIM.    I also like minimal colors under the hood.    Im not ballin outta control, so the industrial look is easier to accomplish than chrome  :D   
How can the car be a show car when you need a bottle of every fluid and tools in the back..... " just in case "    lol

and I still dont have a fire extinguisher..  and apparently they tend to burn well.

in my case, the fire will start at the clutch disk...  lol

i think your car looks great as it is under the hood :)
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 05:32:13 pm »
thanks brohan     :)

;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:10:56 pm by Jordan Kruger »

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 06:41:16 pm »
I was able to finally get around to looking at the trans a little closer and the input shaft is fairly worn, and as brett suggested, itll have to be done. Thing is...   its a PITA. Costly too if you dont do it yourself, and Im no tranny tech.   Anyone have anything fresh? maybe a few goodies built in?

anyone have a sheptrans or have experience buying one?

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 06:55:19 pm »
Phils is still kicking around possibly?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Robert Vorley

1997 Eagle Talon AWD,
461 awhp, 357 tq @ 28 psi on RG's "heart-breaker" Mustang Dyno

Offline andrew volcz

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 07:06:45 pm »
phils sold just recently

rob, that happened back in 08! lol

if the trans is already out, that's half the battle at least (vs paying to have it re/re).  

RG can open up your trans and install any new parts however be prepared for additional work if you are replacing damaged parts.  depending on the needed parts, it can take 1-2 weeks (or longer) for parts to come in from Mitsu.  

you may also want to consider a 4spider center diff ($500) if you launch quite often - i *think* we had a new 4spider at the shop.  if the input shaft is damaged, you could always do an evo3 1st gear upgrade... and 3-4  :D

Shep does quality work and i would chose them over Jacks or others.  Magnus is in Canada but they can be slow at times as its a 2-3 man shop - it took them forever to deliver some parts for Zach's motor.   Shep also have package rebuilds to keep the budget more foreseeable and on track... the down side is shipping but Sheps rates are pretty good if you ship within the USA.  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:09:18 pm by andrew volcz »

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 07:22:50 pm »
I have a few different options, thats for sure.  Im willing to pay good money for a good tranny.  Its a key component to getting the power to the wheels..    however    In this case, I really want a step up...   to hit second easily and cleanly would be nice.     Im thinking evo gearing sounds rad..
Im going to have to get some pricing done if thats the case.

Offline andrew volcz

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 07:34:45 pm »
evo3 1st gear requires the e3 input shaft as well.  its roughly 11 or 13% longer than stock. 

e3 3-4 have longer gears too, but are double synchro'd.