Author Topic: The "other woman" (my new non-dsm)  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
The "other woman" (my new non-dsm)
« on: January 30, 2011, 08:52:15 pm »
 I bought a station wagon!
I've been cheating on my DSM. When I found her I had to make room in the driveway at any cost, and I'm sure most of you will understand why.
I couldn't help myself, she was just begging for it...

It's a 94 530 touring. They never sold it here, this one was imported from the motherland (Chermany) last year and somehow found its way into my driveway.
It's a 3L all aluminum V8 with a 7k redline. It's also got heated/power everything and even a "dual" sunroof that covers 70% of the roof. This is the only e34 touring I've seen in person, and one of two I've seen for sale in the last 5 years since I've looked for them, naturally I had to buy it.
Just thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Jordan Kruger

Re: The "other woman" (my new non-dsm)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:05:21 pm »
Dude  not bad! luxury is nothing to poke fun at. lol  I love the interior in wagons too. enjoy your hallway on wheels! must drive super smooth.   how is it in corners?
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 09:18:14 pm »
sooo sick remi,,  i love it!!

So i guess you never made it out to pickapart today to grab that bmw trans?
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Richard Steger

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 09:37:26 pm »
When I read 530 I thought "nice Bimmer Inline 6".  I never heard that BMW made a 3 liter v8.  Way cool.  That must sound sooo gooood at redline.   I love the look and usefullness of wagons/hatchbacks too.  Nice rare find Remi!
1992 Laser AWD Turbo 6/4 bolt 5 spd. K&N, 2.5" catless exhaust, free mods...14.29 sec @ 92.24mph
Sold for sake of mortgage downpayment :-(
2003 Mazda Protege 5, sold
1995 Lexus LS400, sold
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:30:55 am »
I got to see this new beast today. It's truly a sweet car. The V8 sounds nice and I'm jealous of the massive sunroof bit. This car even has some type of hydraulic rear self-leveling system.

I'm trying to convince Remi to join me in a track day at Mission with the estate cars.
;)
Kristopher

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 06:40:43 am »
remi race his car at mission??? i have never seen this with my eyes!!  i have seen him there tho! lol ;)
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 07:06:57 am »
remi race his car at mission??? i have never seen this with my eyes!!  i have seen him there tho! lol ;)

I have so! You were there! I ran the black one the night your turbo colt's starter died, remember how on the only decent launch I got I blew off an intercooler pipe at 20 psi at the 1/8th? (and still beat the sr powered s13 next to me haha)  

I ran my white one a few nights too but you must have been busy putting groceries into the back of your saturn or minivan or something: I even have Video proof! This was the run I made after listening to john and turning down my poor stock turbo. Front mount and a cheap 3 inch with some crush bends in it were the only mods and it was only 12 psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXUGF9YYyRk&

But yeah I can't wait to have some fun with this beast.

Dude  not bad! luxury is nothing to poke fun at. lol  I love the interior in wagons too. enjoy your hallway on wheels! must drive super smooth.   how is it in corners?

Who said anything about poking fun at luxury!

I'm getting older, and with that comes the wisdom that it's nice to drive to work without losing my hearing, or hurting my spine over potholes :D There is a reason I parted with that monster you own.

Besides when it comes to the business of driving I'm really not missing anything (gonna brag a bit here...)
In terms of driving feel it's better than my 325is if you can believe that. The steering wheel has this perfect weight, it's hard to describe it. The body and suspension are actually quite rigid, none of that american style luxury where you feel like you're on a boat.

As Kris mentions the rear suspension is hydraulic- in fact it's the same same setup as in the same (First) generation M5. PIA to upgrade, but hopefully it will handle pretty well on its own, as it does have a sport mode of some sort.

I got to see this new beast today. It's truly a sweet car. The V8 sounds nice and I'm jealous of the massive sunroof bit. This car even has some type of hydraulic rear self-leveling system.

I'm trying to convince Remi to join me in a track day at Mission with the estate cars.
;)

I can't wait to get some real summer rubber on it, pull out the excess weight and take it around the auto-x...
 We need to have a battle of the touring titans. (Thats right it's "touring" not "estate", damn Vdubbers...)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:01:37 am by remi raymond »

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 08:03:02 am »
Awesome find dude.
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Chad Giffen

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 02:37:18 pm »
those wagons are sweeeettttt.

Nice job man. Wagons arent cheating!!!
1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Electric Blue
Evo III 16g
Stock Boost

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 02:50:19 pm »

I can't wait to get some real summer rubber on it, pull out the excess weight and take it around the auto-x...
 We need to have a battle of the touring titans. (Thats right it's "touring" not "estate", damn Vdubbers...)

:D
meh
station wagon = estate (UK) = kombi (Germany)
avant - Audi
touring - BMW
variant - VW
Kristopher

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 03:29:53 pm »
Beautiful car man, kills me to see that nasty car wash brush on the paint. They are never usually very clean, they use crappy soap, and even when in good shape i've seen them swirl paint on occasion. Dunno how good your paint is tho, if its already swirled up i wouldnt bother. Even my 86 e30 which has all sorts of paint flaws only sees a hand pad. Just my personal preference, thought i'd let cha know, from one bimmer owner to another.
Beautiful ride though man, wish my bimmer looked that good.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 03:43:14 pm »
Beautiful car man, kills me to see that nasty car wash brush on the paint. They are never usually very clean, they use crappy soap, and even when in good shape i've seen them swirl paint on occasion. Dunno how good your paint is tho, if its already swirled up i wouldnt bother. Even my 86 e30 which has all sorts of paint flaws only sees a hand pad. Just my personal preference, thought i'd let cha know, from one bimmer owner to another.
Beautiful ride though man, wish my bimmer looked that good.

I ain't really a shiny paint kinda guy anyway

I was actually there more for the photo op - that foam has gotten me some good colours on black cars in past photos.  If you spray and clean the dirt out of the brush, and if your girlfriend is basically just using it to paint the car with soap, not actually "scrub" the car, I wouldn't worry about it.

Of course, I should probably be more considerate of this car than normal. My past cars have all been to far gone to bother this one actually has extremely clean paint (Where it doesn't have direct damage from the roof hardware or specific scratches) I was getting 16 months of storage dust out of the car. I ain't doin' that by hand.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:46:03 pm by remi raymond »

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 06:01:58 pm »
Pretty cool man!!

now, did it come with a real transmission or can you let the secretary drive it?

I ask because I almost talked my dad into a 535i wagon, 5spd a couple of years ago.  Damn nice car really.

Nice find!
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 06:30:53 pm »
Interesting question you asked - you cannot get an e34 touring with a stick shift.
They didn't make them, ever. (Not counting the super extra rare m5 touring)
If you saw a 535i touring with a 5 speed it was a swap (or from the e39 generation and even then I don't think there was a 535 manual? 1996-20xx generation)

Anyway, my wallet could only swallow this car because the automatic is on the way out, so I'm just planning on making my own 6 speed touring :)

Besides, this is the same 5 speed box that comes in the 850 and 750. It is worlds away from the average secretary hauler slushbox.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:34:39 pm by remi raymond »

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 06:57:40 pm »
yea I am not sure of the year on the wagon dad was looking at but it wasn't the late 80s 5 series car for sure.

Drop the 540i V8 and 6spd in there  :D
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods