Author Topic: gm maf question  (Read 407 times)

Offline jesse dobbin

gm maf question
« on: January 19, 2011, 09:07:50 pm »
Does anyone know what wires go were on a gm maff to stock 1g plug I don't know what wires to match up to
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:28:19 pm by John Hartman »
1995 talon tsi sold
1997 talon 275hp sold
1gb talon tsi awdsold
2g talon (work in progress) sold
92 talon awd

Offline Shane Sawatzki

Re: gm maf question
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:42:50 am »
pretty sure you need a gm maf-t (maf translater) .. someone correct me if im wrong  ???.. I had a gm-maf and maf-t on my 1g when i had it
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline GlenMartin

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:22:12 am »
pretty sure you need a gm maf-t (maf translater) .. someone correct me if im wrong  ???.. I had a gm-maf and maf-t on my 1g when i had it

you are correcto. if you mean the wires from the gm maf translator, i am pretty sure there is just three of them if memory serves me correct. you have to tap into a rpm wire/timing wire (cant remember which) at the ecu and then just power and ground. i have a how to printed out that came with my gm maf and transflator. if knowone can find a online one i can pdf it for you and e-mail it. pretty sure though if you search google.....

'gm maf install' you will get the same thing i have. let me know.
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline jesse dobbin

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »
I have the maf t and the gm maf I bout it of big d but there are 7 random wires coming out of it and there are seven wires on my plug I just need to know were what wire gose wereanything u got helps I tryed looking on dsm canada and dsmtuners nbut nothing I find is with the same with mine
1995 talon tsi sold
1997 talon 275hp sold
1gb talon tsi awdsold
2g talon (work in progress) sold
92 talon awd

Offline GlenMartin

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 11:51:30 am »
I have the maf t and the gm maf I bout it of big d but there are 7 random wires coming out of it and there are seven wires on my plug I just need to know were what wire gose wereanything u got helps I tryed looking on dsm canada and dsmtuners nbut nothing I find is with the same with mine

take a picture cause i have no idea what you just said.
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 02:02:20 pm »
the wires from the gm maf go to the maft then the wires from there go to your old maf plug. You can either solerd a plug on the end or cut off you stock plug and hard wire it in. I would solder on another plug so you can easily change back if you want.
As for the wiring diagram.. sorry I can't remember.
here try this
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/99455-1g-gm-maft-install.html