Author Topic: where to rent a work space....  (Read 616 times)

Offline Jason Swan

• ebonyswan.com
where to rent a work space....
« on: January 11, 2011, 08:32:56 am »
Does anyone know a place where I can rent a stall, bay, garage, etc?  I need a place to pull a motor and other parts from a car and then put it into my talon.

No tools or lift needed - just secured and sheltered with light. 

I live in an apartment so can't do anything here.  Short term like a month would be fine although longer would be nice too.  I have been looking in kijiji and craigs, but nothing seems to show up in the fraser valley (I'm in Abbotsford) - everything is storage only, no work allowed.

Jason
1990 Talon TSI - SMALL 16G w/ 10cm housing, 3g lifters, mains girdle, innovate wideband, ecmlink v3, 1050cc FICs, walbro 255, magnus intake, fp race exhaust manifold, evoIII o2 housing, 3" exhaust, act2100 w/6puck, act streetlite flywheel, bs delete
1990 Laser RS - sold
604-302-9997 jason@ebonyswan.com

Offline Jordan Kruger

Re: where to rent a work space....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:26:46 am »
your best bet would be to just drive around industrial areas in abbotsford or in langley. Ive worked in langley for years and Ive worked out of a few shops bigger than what youve described where it costed roughly $1500/month. That was a shop with a single bay door yet you could probably park 4 and build a second floor if need be. There is plenty of those available in langley along 200th. You may be able to find a bay that is smaller. If its empty there is no reason for them not to let you for the right dollar.
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Jason Swan

• ebonyswan.com
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:20:37 am »
your best bet would be to just drive around industrial areas in abbotsford or in langley. Ive worked in langley for years and Ive worked out of a few shops bigger than what youve described where it costed roughly $1500/month. That was a shop with a single bay door yet you could probably park 4 and build a second floor if need be. There is plenty of those available in langley along 200th. You may be able to find a bay that is smaller. If its empty there is no reason for them not to let you for the right dollar.

Jordan:

If I had $1500 a month to spend on a space I would just rent a house with a garage and live there.  My budget is more like max $200 a month.

Jason
1990 Talon TSI - SMALL 16G w/ 10cm housing, 3g lifters, mains girdle, innovate wideband, ecmlink v3, 1050cc FICs, walbro 255, magnus intake, fp race exhaust manifold, evoIII o2 housing, 3" exhaust, act2100 w/6puck, act streetlite flywheel, bs delete
1990 Laser RS - sold
604-302-9997 jason@ebonyswan.com

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:54:19 am »
There is a place in new westminster that rents you a bay with tools/lifts (air too) for 20$ an hour but you'd have to make the drive for that.
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 11:23:40 am »

Jordan:

If I had $1500 a month to spend on a space I would just rent a house with a garage and live there.  My budget is more like max $200 a month.

Jason

lol  I dont even know why i bothered relating to my shop. my point was theres a lot of small shops that would meet your needs in langley. in new west for sure too.  anywhere industrial.

Offline Ivan Skare

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:43:45 am »
$1500 a month to work on an Eagle Talon. My god what is this world coming to?
2015 - 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST soon to be AWD
2012 - 1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2004 - 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2002 - 1990 Plymouth Laser RS N/T

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 11:59:23 am »
thats really not that unrealistic sadly. lol

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 08:52:46 pm »
Jason, our other shop just moved and the space is up for lease right now. I bet you could get in there for a few days until its rented out to the next customer.  Now one knows whos going in yet, so its probably good at least till next month.

The contact info is on the "for lease" sign out front.

South Fraser way across from Earls, west of the Chevron.  Our new shop is on the front building, and the old one is the last one out back.

Maybe not, but you never know.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Andrew Brown

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 09:08:01 pm »
There is a place in new westminster that rents you a bay with tools/lifts (air too) for 20$ an hour but you'd have to make the drive for that.

me and my budy where thinking about renting out time/hoist/tools in our little single bay shop. but this wouldnt be untill after february, our landlord still havent fixed our power to get the hoist working.
1992 GTO Twin Turbo (sold)
1990 broke ass talon (parted out)
1976 caged corolla