Author Topic: New to site and dsm  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Joshua smith

New to site and dsm
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:58:21 pm »
Hey guys. I been looking around on here a bit and thought I would sign up... I see a few names I recognize. I'm new to dsm's and recently picked up Phil's turbo colt from evolution auto performance. So far the car has been great, and now during winter I'll be getting ready to take it to the track. I want to best it's previous run of 13.4@111mph... My goal is at least 12.3 at 120mph. Anyway I'll update this thread with some pics and new parts, as a lot has too be done this winter

Offline John Hartman

Re: New to site and dsm
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 10:55:44 pm »
cool, glad to see you sign up!

Keep us informed on what you are doing.  You got a good solid car to start with.

With slicks, you should be able to turn that 13.4 into a low 12 provided you don't break anything.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Phil Maki

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:36:17 pm »
anyone can drive that car better than a 13.4s, except me.  sad truth. 

Offline Joshua smith

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:11 am »
A few things I am looking Into are cams and suspension.... Looking for opinions on a good set of cams for the 4g as well as a set of coilovers... I come from hondas, so I don't know what good cams are for these engines... And as for coilovers for a colt, all I can find is ground controls and koni yellows.. Are there any other options?

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 09:01:51 pm »
Hey josh!!  Nice to have you on the site. I am also big into the turbo colts.  I have a pretty much stock white 89 colt turbo and a 4g63 swapped 93 colt as well.  I think I remember you posting on revscene for my 4g63 92 awd summit wagon I had up for sale a month or so ago.

Good choice on the colt you bought!  Its a beast!

As for cams there are lots of choices.  Best try and suit them to the turbo you are running.   Some people use brian crower 272's or the comp cams seem to be pretty popular as well.

As for suspension you can swap in 1g dsm awd suspension(springs/struts) with little modification.  There is not much availible for the 3g colts for adjustible coilovers setups.  When you go to a 1g awd suspension it will greatly increase you options for suspension upgrades.

have you signed up on www.4g61t.org. ?   They are the best site for 3g colt info around and there is tons of info on what will work and won't.   

Good luck on building that colt up.  - recently did a fairly mild build on my buddies black 89 4g63 turbo colt this summer.   Went with a HTA68 16g, AEM meth kit, BC 272 cams and some other simple mods.  It only put down 260whp on RG's dyno but we managed a 12.5 @ 114mph with slicks.  These trannys in the colts can take a lot of abuse so I wouldn't worry too much about breaking axles with slicks.  They are not wimpy honda's. Hahhahahhaha

Have fun! 
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 11:34:04 pm »
Welcome
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Loré Arens

• 1999 Silver Eclipse GS-T
    • BCs Cottonwood Industries
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 09:22:43 pm »
Welcome  ;D
1999 Silver American GS-T Eclipse

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 10:36:31 am »
Seen your little beast of a colt driving around with two gangstas ridin in the front seats.  ;)

This is just by my work off 267th. (Cromptons auto care)
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.