Author Topic: had a bit of fun today  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Nathan Craft

had a bit of fun today
« on: October 18, 2010, 08:16:36 pm »
well the 1990 tsi was seriously F'd up hardcore, crap bustin up everywhere and the body was done for. so seeing there was no possible way to pass inspection i decided to keep the thing and have a bit of a learning experience :D

i totally had too

i dont know how i ever did work on a vehicle without a hoist or shop air.. did it all in 6 hours. woulda died otherwise
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:18:46 pm by Nathan Craft »
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion
-AWD swap in progress :D

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline andrew volcz

Re: had a bit of fun today
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 03:56:04 pm »

i totally had too

OH YEA !?!?!

(the guy in the 300zx is Ramsey - RG Tech)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 08:26:23 pm by andrew volcz »

Offline Dan Silburn

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:10:59 pm »
Respect for working on a 300zx

Offline Nathan Craft

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 05:43:00 pm »
Haha now that's a dec setup for a Nissan  :D

I think everyone that's pulled an engine has a shot like that. Somewhere in my mass of photography I have one of the ford before I swapped in the 5.4
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline GlenMartin

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 06:11:32 pm »
Nathan what is the story with that motor..........?
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline Nathan Craft

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 08:30:14 pm »
using it for a rebuild. basically have 2 crapped out engines. one sittin on a stand waiting to be rebuilt and one sittin in the 91 waiting for the other to finish.. guessin ur lookin for a replacement eh? if u need i have full shop access in town on my day off (monday) i'd be more than willin to lend you a hand.
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

Offline GlenMartin

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 10:54:22 pm »
using it for a rebuild. basically have 2 crapped out engines. one sittin on a stand waiting to be rebuilt and one sittin in the 91 waiting for the other to finish.. guessin ur lookin for a replacement eh? if u need i have full shop access in town on my day off (monday) i'd be more than willin to lend you a hand.

much appreciated buddy....i am having either tranny/clutch/flywheel troubles. i thought the engine was ok, but after doing some more research i am not to sure. pretty much the car needs a complete overhaul. the stock turbo needs to be replaced...the transfer case needs some work....blah blah. so what i am thinking is perhaps i should just 6 bolt swap...i will make that decision i guess once i buy another vehicle so i can actually start working on the car as its my daily driver right now, and with my shedule and no hoist i just cant realistically tackle some of the jobs i want to do and expect to drive it to work the next day.

where is the shop? toyota will let you work on your own car during business hours? if so thats pretty sick.
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline Nathan Craft

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 10:22:03 am »
oh yea i pretty well have free run of the far end of the shop on my day off (work tuesday thru sat) because the tech that uses that hoist works the same. yea i cant really complain much. it doesn't pay all that great, but access to a hoist and 30k worth in tools is a pretty good perk  8)
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

Offline Cole Chalmers

• DERP!DERP!DERP!

Offline Carl Gould

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 11:50:59 am »
How much extra horsepower does a browne add to your sr, Cole? Is it like naaawz?
97 TSi AWD - Winter 2010 Will-it-ever-be-finished Project