Author Topic: my new tool shed  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: my new tool shed
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 01:39:15 am »
holy shit.... you musta did some crazy firewall cuttin to fit that!!  i swear i can only see 4 spark plug wires and cylinders hahah  a strait 6!! nice man!
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Ken Hawkins

• Al yr DSM R belong to me!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 08:38:09 am »
i guess the pics kinda sucked. its a 2jzge that i picked up from rg. now if only there was a dsmlink equivalent for this motor.
Megasquirt
-K
1a TSi AWD RallyX champeeeen
'80 928 DD & Trackster
'78 928 trak project
"I once gave a rat's ass; nobody cared. Except the rat"

Offline Andrew Brown

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 05:31:59 pm »
holy shit.... you musta did some crazy firewall cuttin to fit that!!  i swear i can only see 4 spark plug wires and cylinders hahah  a strait 6!! nice man!

right now its siting on the stock motor mounts, with the fire wall in the stock position. it just fits, but theres not much room for the rad, so the fire wall is going to be pushed back. i havent picked up a gear box yet, but im thinking the trans tunnel is going to need some enlargement aswell.

1992 GTO Twin Turbo (sold)
1990 broke ass talon (parted out)
1976 caged corolla

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 06:29:50 pm »
I was gonna say at first it looked like a 2gz but I counted only 4 plug wires  :)

And Ken beat me to it on the EMS field.  'Squirt it.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Andrew Brown

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 07:13:35 pm »
arg, magesquirt makes feel funny. theres just so much stuff. how do i make it work with all the stock sensors. being a jdm motor i think its already got a MAP sensor.
1976 caged corolla

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 07:21:37 pm »
you can squirt anything, even carbed engines, if you install a fuel rail and intake manifold.  Find out what megasquirt box you need for that engine harness.  You can probably buy a plug n play box for it.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Ken Hawkins

• Al yr DSM R belong to me!
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 08:44:27 am »
arg, magesquirt makes feel funny. theres just so much stuff. how do i make it work with all the stock sensors. being a jdm motor i think its already got a MAP sensor.

Hi
Being as the 2jz is such a common candidate for hotrodding, there is a very good chance that someone already has good megasquirt maps for your application. I am willing to bet someone over at www.celicasupra.com will be glad to share - haven't been there in a while, but folks there were very much like folks here; definitely not a hon-duh forum ;) ;)

As for the MS itself, I was able to buy a kit that had all the sensors and the injector wiring harness. Most of the sensors are GM, so drilling, tapping, and/or epoxy may be required. Despite my general loathing of GM, I have to admit they did very good work on fuel systems.

If you want to see something to intimidate, over on Rennlist forums, there is a 928 junkie who has wide-band O2 on EVERY exhaust port, along with a SEFI system, so that he can optimize every cylinder (think EMS x8). He also ditched the stock intake, and went with tuned length intake rams & huge plenum made from carbon fibre :o

I just want my car to run well, and not break down :-[

Ken
1a TSi AWD RallyX champeeeen
'80 928 DD & Trackster
'78 928 trak project
"I once gave a rat's ass; nobody cared. Except the rat"

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 03:11:53 pm »
thats excessive!!  I love it :D

On the same but different topic, in the latest version of the Cobb Accessport tuner program, it has knock and timing adjustments for individual cylinders  :D !!!!!

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 04:57:35 pm »
thats excessive!!  I love it :D

On the same but different topic, in the latest version of the Cobb Accessport tuner program, it has knock and timing adjustments for individual cylinders  :D !!!!!

Wow, thats impressive.
Is that out of the box support or do you need to have sensors for each cylinder?
What are the applications?
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 06:38:25 pm »
nope, out of the box.  Along with a wideband and hugely complex fuel, spark and boost maps.

Cobb Accessports are availiable for tons of different cars, but I have not played with any but the Mazdaspeed 3/6 stuff.

Offline Andrew Brown

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 09:26:07 pm »
i took this out of my car. do you think it was important?

oh noooo theres an engine IN my car

rollcage is in too

looks like this car is a bit bigger then the old one

1976 caged corolla