Author Topic: photoshoot (nonDSM)  (Read 867 times)

Offline Nathan Craft

photoshoot (nonDSM)
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:35:51 pm »
just wanted to share some pictures, dont know how many ppl here take pics. any comments/tips are more than welcome :)
pics taken with a Canon PowerShot DS990 IS, edited on photoshop CS5
truck is a 2010 Toyota Tundra limited D-cab fully loaded. TRD supercharger, custom chip, 6 inch BDS lift with bags, pro comp black chrome wheels on 38`s  truck hauls ass. est. 430hp 510ft,lbs

98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion
-AWD swap in progress :D

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline John Hartman

Re: photoshoot (nonDSM)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:07:43 pm »
Looks good, truck sounds like a real hot rod!!

As for the photos, I like your choice of light metering, very cool!!  Looks good with the backrounds and subject.  not much colour but you make up for it with the drama of the sharp shadows and contrast.

on the second shot, I would personally move the camera to the right so that the space is in front of the truck.  Just sort of a convention and looks best in most shots.  Also place the truck so that those vents are not in the shot.  either behind the truck or just not there.  Cleaner shot with that cement wall being a defined texture like that.  Oh and turn the trucks wheel slightly right so that the tread of the tire is partially facing the camera.  Gives the shot more visual stability.  I know the way you have it presents the wheel square on to the viewer, but its a bit far away to get the full effect of the wheel anyways.

on the 4th one, crop a bunch of that concrete at the bottom of the photo and all of that yellowish space above the buildings.

Then again, I am not a pro, and there are some guys on here with more experience than me, so you may get more helpful advice from them.  And if you like your shots, thats what its about at this point.

If you sign up for a flickr acount, there are lots of good newbie groups with many world class pros to critique your work.  its really helpful and a years pro membership is $15 or something.  Unlimited uploads, lots of help, well organized.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:32:22 pm »
my dream truck :) !! very nice !
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Nathan Craft

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 08:51:47 pm »
thanks guys. yea truck deff hauls. but it should for nearly 100k...  ::)
and thanks john for the remarks. i'll see what i can do after i get home. and try to fix things up a bit  8)
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:34:54 pm »
thanks guys. yea truck deff hauls. but it should for nearly 100k...  ::)

holy mother of God .. 100 K .. :(
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 08:52:16 pm »
yea, damn nice truck but for that much, I am going a different route...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Nathan Craft

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 05:40:26 pm »
yea.. i hear ya, but it's what he wanted so the power to him.
personally with 100k, that'll get me an EVO X and put me thru a lot of school
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

Offline Mikael Mikkelsen

• Mobility Consultants Group
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 08:09:55 pm »
Yeah 100k...really?

Offline Nathan Craft

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 10:01:30 pm »
$58,000 tundra limited with Nav
$07,000 BDS lift with air ride
$03,000 wheel tire combo
$12,000 TRD spuercharger kit
$02,000 Baja bumper
$03,000 labour costs
$01,000 ECU reprogram and custom tune

all together is 85,000 but mind you all the numbers are just from what i've heard, and are rough costs. so it's prob a little more. none the less tho.. still pays for mine and the gf's schooling. and between the two of us we have 10 years left to pay for..
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 09:11:38 pm »
+HST = 95,200