Author Topic: September 12th Meet (Lunch and TBC go karts) SIGN UP  (Read 6162 times)

Offline Loré Arens

• 1999 Silver Eclipse GS-T
    • BCs Cottonwood Industries
Re: September 12th Meet (Lunch and TBC go karts) SIGN UP
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 11:23:13 pm »
Bought them
1999 Silver American GS-T Eclipse

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 12:43:02 pm »
Okay so I phoned TBC today. We can either pay individually with the previous rates or we can rent the whole track for $400for 30 mins or $800 for 1 hour

So if we could get 10 people to come then it would be $40 for 30 mins of racing or $80each  for 1 hour.  Like rob said if we go with individual rates we probably will not get to race with each other. Also to book the track we would need a $200 deposit for 30 mins or $400 to book it for 1hour

Let me know what you guys think
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 04:14:34 pm »
Aww shucks.

Some of us bought the $12 for two race coupon the other day.  We will need more people attending ~  The coupons would not count for the $400 deal.

But I think its a great idea if we can get maybe five or more people who did not buy tickets sign up that would be enough to make the minimum to book/hog the whole tracks for two races ~

Offline Loré Arens

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 08:00:16 pm »
If we stuck together in a group, would we not have a better chance of racing together.

I bought the tickets for 4 of us to race 2 races. ;D

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 08:13:50 pm »
OMG ..   1 hour for  80$  jesus u know how much fun that would be ? LOL 
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »
well since ppl already went out and bought discounted tickets i guess that puts out the idea of renting the whole track.

The guy on the phone said due to the discounts on sunday it will probably very busy... so the chances of a ground of people being able to race in the same race, against each other will be very hard to make happen.

You can always sell your "tickets" i guess if you wanted to.. but i guess we will have to just wing it and hopefully it wont be super busy

I wish i wouldn't have been so busy lately and been able to moniter this thread more so you guys would have known about the group session thing and then we could have had the track to ourselves.

No biggie tho... if its super busy tho, or if someone else books the track for the time slot we are there for... we will be out of luck and will have to wait for the group session to be over so we can do individual racing where we will be mixed in with others also waiting thier turn to race.
Oh well.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 08:41:51 pm »
oh also also..  races are 6-8 minutes each.  So in a 30 minute period we would have warm up race, qualifing race, then the real race which would be around 20 minutes in lenth.  But again, this is only if we could rent the track.

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 09:06:54 pm »
Don't fret Brett

I'm sure most of us are just going to fun. If we don't all get to drive the carts, it's still a meet and still fun.
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 09:21:40 pm »
true, sorry guys.  Just been super stressed out this past week.  spent all last week looking for a job, and packing up my house for the move, this weekend was super busy as well and today i started a new job as a mechanic at a hot rod shop (old v8's!! WTF!!) and also had hockey semi finals tonight for summer league and now finals tomorrow and also have to move my whole house tonight and tomorrow plus play hockey tomorrow as well!! ahhaha  soo stressfull.

I just remember the last meet where we tried to go to TBC it ended up being way to busy and there was a 2 hour wait to be able to race.  I just hope its not like that this time.

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 10:32:42 pm »
If it is we can just go do a photoshoot or something. I'll make sure to bring my camera.
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Tony Leong

• 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 12:22:22 am »
If it is we can just go do a photoshoot or something. I'll make sure to bring my camera.

Right on Remi, that's the spirit.  If we race together - great.  If not, we race other people, but still get to look under DSM hoods in the parking lot.  Thanks for making a meet come together Brett.

P.S. - Loré, I bought two Groupons too.  I was going to let someone else use the second Groupon.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 12:24:46 am »
yeah i shoulda been more ontop of things and let you guys know my intentions to have a reservation reserved for just BCDSM.

Its okay.  no biggy, ill phone the guy again tomorrow and see if we can still get some sort of reservation for our club, but what i gathered from him today is that you either pay a group rate, or you just come in as a drop in, and wait your turn to be put in groups, however they see fit.

And ill buy one of the coupons from you lori or the extra that you have tony!  How much are they again?

Offline Loré Arens

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 11:21:19 am »
Well mine at the moment are all spoken for but if one of the people I invited doesn't come I can sell it to you

:(

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 04:13:51 pm »
the guys is just  BS you brett .. i made reservation  i think months ago at TBC for a group of 8 friends on a sunday  and WE all raced together and on top they added about 4 drop in poeple to fill in the  spots .. we raced 2 races and thats that .. i dont see why they cant do the same for this car club again ..  i think the guys is just beeing a douche for no reason .

either  way we will race or watch other race .. its gonna be fun
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Tony Leong

• 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 06:24:13 pm »
Brett, it was a whopping $12 ($40 value), and it's yours.

And ill buy one of the coupons from you lori or the extra that you have tony!  How much are they again?