Author Topic: Drive In Movie/CarHop Meet  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Sy Haw Wong

Drive In Movie/CarHop Meet
« on: May 28, 2010, 09:20:47 pm »
Wanted to start a discussion to get some feedback.

I was havin a chat on more unique ideas for meets and was suggested maybe we can do a Movie Drive In.  This location is in Langley.  Just perfect for everyone in Metro Vancouver to the folks up in Abby and the Wack.  No one can complain about being far, cause its smack right in the middle between where everyone lives.

http://members.shaw.ca/twilightdrivein/

I was also thinkin it would be hilarious to get a bunch of DSM'rs and do a Car Hop Meet....at a White Spots or A&W.  Just set an evening...meet up.  Have a good burger and shake.  Chill, talk and enjoy the scene of filling a whole carhop full of DSMs ~  Oh and ..laugh at the suckers who drip ketchup onto their upholstery.

These two have always been in car cultures.

Think its a good way to revive it.

Would anyone be interested?

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
Re: Drive In Movie/CarHop Meet
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:53:57 pm »
thats awsome u mantion it .. i was just thinkinh about getting soem poeple from the wack and head to a movie one of these nights i was thinking  mission but  i think langley would work too .

im down  for moviess  but i REFUSE to go see sex and the city 2 LOL  so choose a good movie
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 10:02:07 pm »
Both great ideas, Sy Haw.

We regularly go to the Drive In. Perfect for dogs and kids. Plus I get to have a beer while I watch flicks till 4 am. LOL
Kristopher

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 10:33:17 pm »
I love it!!!

As a kid, I think the first 10 movies I saw were drive ins.  Back in the day, with the little wee speaker on the pole beside the car  :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »
I'm down.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 10:48:37 pm »
I'm down. They have good pricing and from what I remeber good snacks and 3 moives in a row.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Michael Mcleod

• michaelmcleodphotography.com
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 12:31:24 am »
Great idea ! 8)   I'm in.
96 Integra gsr 190 hp :) SOLD
73 Camaro rs Z28 450 hp with nos ;)
91 Talon tsi 420 hp ;)
08  Fit sport?  105 hp !
2013 Scion FRS

Offline Ivan Skare

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 02:51:17 am »
I'm down.
2015 - 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST soon to be AWD
2012 - 1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2004 - 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2002 - 1990 Plymouth Laser RS N/T

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 06:05:22 am »
thats awsome u mantion it .. i was just thinkinh about getting soem poeple from the wack and head to a movie one of these nights i was thinking  mission but  i think langley would work too .

im down  for moviess  but i REFUSE to go see sex and the city 2 LOL  so choose a good movie

Cool.

Sounds like we have enough interest.  What I will plan to do is get a Carhop and Movie Drive in meet at the same day.

Meet up at a Carhop, grab a greasy burger and shake for dinner, then head together to the drive in.

Will probably choose it on a Saturday evening since everyone can sleep in and not work on a Sunday. 

Two deciding factors: 

1. What movie to watch.
2. I would prefer nicer weather than rain.

I think everyone is Ironman'd out by now.  The next movies lined up I see is The Killers and Eclipse (no DSM pun intended).  Killers maybe!?
Don't know about the interest in those movies =P.  Not gonna bash Eclipse...too many 14-15 year old teenie boppers gonna lynch me for making fun of their loser vampire hero.

My only wish is for the weather to be much warmer than it is now.  The rain sucks.  I want that good summer air feel when I go to the drive in.

Offline Paul Pigar

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 08:20:31 am »
this would nice...I'm down for it.
-98 talon tsi awd   -94 acura integra non-vtec
-96 talon tsi awd converted to eclipse gsx
-95 talon esi(sold)
-94 eclipse non-turbo(sold)
-91 talon tsi fwd(daily driver)
-90 nissan 300zx(sold)
-96 eclipse gs spyder
-98 eclipse spyder awd swap
-98 eclipse gs-t(traded)

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 10:15:20 am »
Great idea Sy Haw.... I would love that meet. Count me and the GF in for that, even if it's in my VW.
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 01:59:03 pm »
yeah this is a good idea!! the family would be up for it for sure!

Back in the day we had a car club up in kamloops called "Intencity" we used to meet at the local A@W every 2nd thursday night for a meet.  We talked to the ppl at A&W and got it setup so that when we had our meets we would get free pop/drinks and $2 burgers.  maybe we can figure something out like that?
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 02:53:06 pm »
yeah this is a good idea!! the family would be up for it for sure!

Back in the day we had a car club up in kamloops called "Intencity" we used to meet at the local A@W every 2nd thursday night for a meet.  We talked to the ppl at A&W and got it setup so that when we had our meets we would get free pop/drinks and $2 burgers.  maybe we can figure something out like that?

Yeah thats a good idea.  Anyone know of a good car hop location with a big parking lot?  It would be best to have it close to the theater so it won't be too far of a travel for everyone, meet, eat and book it for the movies.

I did a search and just found this White Spot which has carhop service (the website says drive in which I assume its the same thing).  19651 Fraser Hwy Langley, BC V3A 4C6

Any other locations such as an A&W??  Theres one close by Twilight Drive in at 26431 Fraser Hwy at 264th in Aldergrove.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 03:05:53 pm »
every friday night there are a bunch of people that meet at the A&W on 200th in Langley. no clubs, just random. lots of cool cars.

The one in aldergrove is closer to the drive in so it might be better.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Kyle Kemp

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 03:17:59 pm »
Tonight??? =)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - #1 for sound quality
-Big T28 w/ FP Manifold
-6 bolt swap
-3" Full Exhaust
-Greddy E managment
-Eprom ECU
-DSM Chip