Author Topic: Any suggestions on turbo kits?  (Read 421 times)

Offline Ryan Dronsfield

Any suggestions on turbo kits?
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:07:50 pm »
Hi I have a 96 eagle talon turbo to eclipse turbo conversion car with 4G63 2.0L turbo engine. the turbo is stoke with Greddy 18v FMIC and greddy type rs BOV. The turbo is getting close to the end of its life. So i wanna upgrade the turbo and was wondering if any one had some suggestions as to a good brand best bang for the dollar. Id rather not upgrade to hard core because i don't have vary many upgrades and no internal upgrades.

pleas add your suggestions with comparison status.
thank you hope to here some suggestions soon
Ryan Dronsfield

Offline Rob Armstrong

Re: Any suggestions on turbo kits?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:13:08 pm »
If you don't plan on getting a FMIC go with the t-28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBUhJctUUE

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:34:01 pm »
I think he says it does have an intercooler, I had a T-28 for years it was fabulous I totally recomend it for your setup. get exhuast too though maybe 2.5 and a fuel pump and FPR and you should be very happy with how well it drives
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3

Offline Ryan Dronsfield

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:14:36 pm »
I think he says it does have an intercooler, I had a T-28 for years it was fabulous I totally recomend it for your setup. get exhuast too though maybe 2.5 and a fuel pump and FPR and you should be very happy with how well it drives
I have a FMIC :) already

Offline Ryan Dronsfield

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 08:19:45 pm »

and i have a 3'' exhusat  but i failed to mention that at the begining

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 08:25:36 pm »
MHI 16g, wally 255, adjustable fpr, 550cc injectors, and a way to tune, (safc would do for that but not ideal).

Before you go upgrading make sure all the maintnence is upto date, (timing belt, timing pullies, waterpump, spark plugs, wires)

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 08:46:40 pm »
Or if you don't want to do all of that just add a T28 and drive it, a little bump in top end power since it won't run out of air like a t25 and you won't need to change your tunning
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 09:00:20 pm »
Or if you don't want to do all of that just add a T28 and drive it, a little bump in top end power since it won't run out of air like a t25 and you won't need to change your tunning

Well, you might have more topend but to get the potential out fo a t28 you will want fuel upgrades also.

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 06:47:16 am »

and i have a 3'' exhusat  but i failed to mention that at the begining

Ryan thats the route i took

make sure you have your supporting mods... As i didnt have all mine done in time. Got power hungry but a big 16G in and i ended up bending a piston rod.

Just make sure u have everything before you go into a turbo.

FPR.
Injectors
Something to control the injectors. (SAFC)

If your going to Keep it simple slap a 14B in there :P
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 04:22:20 pm »
yep, cheapest bang for the buck is a good used 14b.  Port the hot side and port your stock O2 sensor.

That will feel like a huge upgrade and has taken cars into the 12s on pump gas.

More money, T28 or E16g.

On any of these, keep the boost sane.  EG, 14-15 psi on 14b, 12-13 on the other 2.  And no, its not all about the pressure.  the bigger turbos flow more air at lower pressures, but have lots of room to spare for later.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods