Author Topic: Mazdaspeed6 pics with new wheels  (Read 5037 times)

Offline Richard Steger

Re: Mazdaspeed6 pics with new wheels
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 08:46:37 pm »
I'm not feelin' it :(

I'm not a fan of the black with coloured accents on wheels, and the red on black combo isn't my thing either.

But you could pull it off with some tint and MOAR LOWAR!!!

But, it's your car and if your happy with it that's what matter most! :D
Sharp contrast with the red on the black tinted windows and wheels.  But...not that you want to hear my opinion...  I find that black wheels kind of disappear against any car, although the red accents definitely help bring the wheels back into view.
1992 Laser AWD Turbo 6/4 bolt 5 spd. K&N, 2.5" catless exhaust, free mods...14.29 sec @ 92.24mph
Sold for sake of mortgage downpayment :-(
2003 Mazda Protege 5, sold
1995 Lexus LS400, sold
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD

Offline Cole Chalmers

• DERP!DERP!DERP!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 08:51:12 pm »
pffft thats not even low! You wouldn't even scrape on a speed bump :p

LOWAR! Moar stickers and rust that hood!

lol ;P

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 10:18:12 pm »
John, looks good man.  Excellent choice on the wheels.  They will look sweet for years and years to come.  I love those red accents in them.  A

Are they pretty light wheels?  They look like it!

Did you notice any difference in how the car handled after installing them?

I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 11:32:21 pm »
Decent choice on the wheels (Not quite sure if I like the black+red, but the design is good). Great choice on tires.

I have to ask, though - If you're going to be doing that kind of mileage on the car, then why put the StarSpecs on? They are, without a doubt, one of the best street tires out there (top 3, IMHO)... But you're just going to be commuting on them?

+1 With Cole... Needs lows.
Objects in mirrors appear to be losing.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 11:38:02 am »
I find that black wheels kind of disappear against any car, although the red accents definitely help bring the wheels back into view.

its true, black wheels do tend to disappear into the car (when in  motion), but they do look very sharp @ a stand still.

very nice car john, i like the red accents and black rims :) its a more subtle look.
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 11:43:14 am »
I've never really been a fan of the color accents on the rims, but you've pulled it off nicely.
I like it, never seen one like it...very original John!
The tires look sweet!
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 02:11:38 pm »
thanx for the compliments.

Cam, I chose those tires because I wasn't gonna put anything less sticky than stock on there  :)  The stock Bridgestone RE050 are a 140 treadwear gumball!!  These are 200, so they should last longer, but with advances in tire compound and design in the 4 years since the RE050 was made, they have more grip as well as last longer.  As well, they are better in the rain than any other UHP tire out there.   The only other tire I considered was the Kumho XS, but its only better after 2-3 hot laps.  I don't get too many hot laps in on the drive to Abby.

As to how light they are I really should have weighed one, it actually pisses me off a bit.  I just forgot is all.  They say "light weight" on the box and they feel pretty light for big wheels.

Cole it does scrape going in and out of my driveway, so thats low enough for this cowboy.  :)  Just the front vertical splitter piece, not a biggie, but still, scrapes...

Cam et al, I won't be lowering this car.  I like what the folks at Mazdaspeed did with the suspenion on this car.  I don't want to frig around with the geometry.  I think it would be detrimental to the balance of the car.  Lower/bigger/more is not always better when you start out with something well designed.  If I was going to use it as a track car, sure, big changes, but then I would have probably gotten something different for that task.

I should put a pedo-bear sticker on it for Cole and a BCDSM one on the front window to piss off the Mazda guys  ;)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 02:16:40 pm »
I should put a pedo-bear sticker on it for Cole and a BCDSM one on the front window to piss off the Mazda guys  ;)

LOL Yea tell them yea well this is just what I drive when I don't feel like going fast.  ;D
Bet they would LOVE that haha

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 02:24:15 pm »
well, going AS fast, this car is pretty quick  ;)  And it will easily out handle the DSM.  And outbrake pretty much any DSM.  Hell it outbrakes a C5 Z06 by 10 feet from 60mph.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 02:30:49 pm »
Well I never said it wasn't better (in your opinion or on paper) then the DSM, but they don't have to know that.  ;)
I would just say it to F with them, But that's just me.

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 03:30:25 pm »
But something's still missing John...I can't quite put my fingerrrr onnnn ittt...hmmmmmmm

I got it! You need a bodykit!
LOL
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 05:11:26 pm »
yea, thats it!!!

all in primer and cracked bondo FTW!!

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 08:45:30 pm »
But something's still missing John...I can't quite put my fingerrrr onnnn ittt...hmmmmmmm

I got it! You need a bodykit!
LOL
and a wing of course.
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 09:43:55 pm »
03-08 Mazda 6 VIR Front Bumper

03-08 Mazda 6 KS Rear Bumper

03-08 Mazda 6 Veilside Euro Sport Front Bumper

03-08 Mazda 6 Veilside Euro Sport Rear Bumper
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 10:12:24 pm »
I think I just threw up in my mouth.  just a bit.