Author Topic: Mazdaspeed6 pics with new wheels  (Read 5023 times)

Offline John Hartman

Re: Mazdaspeed6 pics with new wheels
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2010, 08:35:17 am »
the "wagon" one is the Speed3, and its only fwd.  Cool car, but as Maurits would say, awd is awd!
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2010, 10:39:36 am »
There is a wagon 6 as well, but it's not a mazdaspeed.

Planning any changes to the car John, or is it a warranty safe daily driver?
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2010, 07:02:32 pm »
I have put in adjustable camber ball joints up front with 1.4deg negative camber, 1.3deg neg in the rear.  Stock is positive camber up front and way too much neg in the rear.  Also toe in on both ends, I put minimal toe out on both ends.  Car handles much better, and it was already good.  :)

18x8" Konig light wheels, and Dunlop StarSpec rubber in 225 width.  Stick, sticky  :)

I have put on a full Corksport intake pipe and airbox.  Its a pretty cool piece actually, with a billet aluminum (anodized black) MAF housing and aluminum piping.

I have high pressure fuel pump internals on order. The stock ones can't keep up with the stock needs, its a shortcoming that Mazda decided to just let the ECU cut the boost and timing over 5500 to deal with it.  These cars run at up to 2000psi fuel pressure, and if its too low, the ECU calls all the fun off.

I plan on putting in a bigger rear sway bar and getting a Cobb Accessport for some basic enhanced tuning.

Thats probably it for a bit, tho I might do a mandrel bent downpipe and possibly an upgraded intercooler, but those are probably a ways away.  The power mods I have and planned for will up the power by anywhere from 40-60 hp on thier own and thats plenty.  It already does the job.

And I have upgraded the rear motor mount with a billet aluminum one because the stock one is bested by a limp noodle.  I will probably get an upgraded rear diff mount too as its the same as the rear motor mount.  And they shear off the diff if you make more power and launch it hard when stock.

Yes the car is still under factory powertrain warranty, but I have talked to the service manager at Wolfe and they are good with most of what I am doing.  Plus I don't launch it hard or over rev it or really drive it too hard period.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2010, 07:18:48 pm »
Wolfe Mazda. Got it.

One second, I'm photochopping pictures of you doing donuts and emailing it to them with the caption: "DO NOT WARRANTY THIS MAN"

They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2010, 07:40:23 pm »
hehehe  :)

pretty sure I can't do any donuts, well, not in the dry anyways  :D