Author Topic: bad idle ..  (Read 761 times)

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
bad idle ..
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:52:00 pm »
well now that the car is back on the road...

been driving her around playin with the idle since its seamed like  it was running high around 1200 RPM
 so played with the screw  and  got it back to running at about 900 RPM wich i believe is the normal Idle  rpm correct me if i am wrong .

so drove around and at a red light the car was strugling to maintain idle  it was almost stalling because the idle was droping .. so pulled over in a parking lot and played with the screw some more to get it back to 900 Rpm then  some more time after .. the RPM jumped again at aroudn 1500 Rpm ..

The mechanic at ralph's automotive while looking for my missfire  issue told me that there is a Screw missing that keeps the Throtle from coming to much backwards if that makes any sance. could that have anything to do with the idling issue and where can i find  that screw ?

thank you .
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

Re: bad idle ..
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 08:00:23 pm »
Lemme see it.  This one should be easy.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 08:02:20 pm »
There may be an idle stop screw underneath the TB cam and/or an idle switch on the TB as well. Look for one wire plugging into a plunger-looking thing. This is true for 1gs anyway, I believe the 2g is the same.

The BISS that you're playing with - it is set so that when the computer doesn't have control over the idle it is at 'curb idle' speed. Things such as engine temp, air temp, and engine load will affect the idle so the computer tells the ISC/IAC to modify the amount of air accordingly. You could have compensated too much with the screw so it was right at one of the edges of losing control of the idle.

Look up BISS 2G Timing Check connector. Ground that thing and set to whatever the instructions or label under the hood state (750-850 I think).

GL
Kristopher

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:19:18 pm »
ill try that out kristopher .. :)

and thanks for the help john :P !!LOL

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 10:06:12 pm »
I mean let me look at it you silly person!  :)

91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 11:58:42 pm »
I mean let me look at it you silly person!  :)

when ever u got time brother .. i got tomorow off so i am planning on doing some work on it . liek doind the suspansion and  try that idle thing kristopher said . and do  some clean up under the hood .

Edit: ps i live even closer to you now :P i am  right behind CSS :P lol

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:30:19 pm »
I am home, swing by before it gets dark.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 10:59:48 pm »
about i swing by tomorow ? :D after u home from work ?  i am home all day and will be working on it all day !

give me TXT or call tomorow
or pm here :)

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Kyle Kemp

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 11:29:58 pm »
Check your throttle cable on back of the intake manifold. I had an issue mine was sticking then dropping too low. Make sure the bolts are tight and in the right spot
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - #1 for sound quality
-Big T28 w/ FP Manifold
-6 bolt swap
-3" Full Exhaust
-Greddy E managment
-Eprom ECU
-DSM Chip