Author Topic: ANYONE WANT TO WORK ON MY CAR :D  (Read 1095 times)

patrickWoo

Re: ANYONE WANT TO WORK ON MY CAR :D
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 01:26:57 pm »
if you just splice a wire from the ignition barrel from each state and one from the lighting stalk for driving light you are pretty much set.

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 09:52:49 pm »
I just got my mechanical oil pressure gauge.  Doing some research on how to install instructions.

The basic concept is pretty easy to understand.  I want to keep the original oil pressure gauge also.  But the problem for me is figuring out the right spot to tap, and the proper adapters to buy.  Some of the examples are pretty confusing.

Some of the diagrams seem to be overkill to me.  Do you need so many adapters???

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/359004-using-t-install-oil-pressure-gauge.html

After I saw this link: Where the member Tsunari had a diagram with an unused fitting location!?!?  Can I use that as a tap?? http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/108575-mechanical-oil-pressure-gauge-installation-merged-1-8-a-3.html

Then I found an interesting link with a different tap location with an interesting kit which I have never seen on other DSMs before. http://streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/stm_oil_psi_install_kit_at_head.htm

1. Can anyone point out the best location for an adapter?  
2. Anyone with any pictures for examples would be helpful.
3. I like clean, so the less adapters the better (and not like the first link which seems so overkill).

Josh, if you haven't done yours yet, wanna attempt to take a shot at it with me!?  :)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:59:09 pm by Sy Haw Wong »

Offline Mike Hewitt

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 09:59:30 pm »
Sy,

I was JUST looking this up on Tuners the other day, numerous people\threads were saying just use a T and go in where the stock sending unit is...
~CrAzY~
If it won't go, bore it.
If it still won't go, stroke it.
If it still won't go, chrome it...

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 10:06:34 pm »
Sy,

I was JUST looking this up on Tuners the other day, numerous people\threads were saying just use a T and go in where the stock sending unit is...

Yeah but from what I am trying to understand from that second link with the posts made by that Tsunari guy, it seems there is an unused fitting next to the stock oil pressure sensor.  He even used a 3/8 to 1/8 hex adapter to tap his electronic sender.

So I am assuming..the same concept can be applied with a SS braided line in that same location for a manual oil pressure gauge.  Which means you don't even have to tee in the first place.  I don't know... I maybe understanding this wrong.

patrickWoo

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 10:18:03 pm »
you can get an adapter easily from Lordco made out of brass.... But I don't know about the situation overall I don't have a 4G63 LOL

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 06:39:54 pm »
I just got my mechanical oil pressure gauge.  Doing some research on how to install instructions.

The basic concept is pretty easy to understand.  I want to keep the original oil pressure gauge also.  But the problem for me is figuring out the right spot to tap, and the proper adapters to buy.  Some of the examples are pretty confusing.

Some of the diagrams seem to be overkill to me.  Do you need so many adapters???

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/359004-using-t-install-oil-pressure-gauge.html

After I saw this link: Where the member Tsunari had a diagram with an unused fitting location!?!?  Can I use that as a tap?? http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/108575-mechanical-oil-pressure-gauge-installation-merged-1-8-a-3.html

Then I found an interesting link with a different tap location with an interesting kit which I have never seen on other DSMs before. http://streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/stm_oil_psi_install_kit_at_head.htm

1. Can anyone point out the best location for an adapter?  
2. Anyone with any pictures for examples would be helpful.
3. I like clean, so the less adapters the better (and not like the first link which seems so overkill).

Josh, if you haven't done yours yet, wanna attempt to take a shot at it with me!?  :)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

i agree !
We should do this. Im planning on doing a bit of work on my car this weekend so ill do some research on this and ill see what i think.. What kind of hose can we use to go into the cock pit to the gauge it self?
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 06:55:29 pm »

And i believe that's my oil return to my turbo.
And if you look to the left of it there's a capped nipple there. Can I get my pressure from there?
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 08:01:59 pm »

i agree !
We should do this. Im planning on doing a bit of work on my car this weekend so ill do some research on this and ill see what i think.. What kind of hose can we use to go into the cock pit to the gauge it self?

I am planning to get 6' of stainless steel braided teflon lines for the gauge (unless someone can point out that that maybe too much - but I based it on the first link's length of copper lines).

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 12:32:41 pm »
I just wanna double check to see if anyone knows the exact or suggested length of SS braided hose I should buy for my oil pressure gauge.  Although one of the forums say 6', I just want to make sure and not buy too long or too short of a line ~

Thanks.