Author Topic: CompuStar Alarm will not autostart  (Read 5754 times)

Offline neen tang

Re: CompuStar Alarm will not autostart
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 10:27:17 am »
did you make sure you put it in reservation mode before trying to start it?  is your hoodpin working?  check those then let me know if it still doesnt work.

Offline marQ_deLa_cruz

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 11:39:24 am »
pm'ed

Offline marQ_deLa_cruz

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 08:37:05 am »
Any word on ur problem?

Offline yan tang

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 05:48:08 pm »
It sounds to me like the brain is doing everything it needs to start.  I don't believe it is a problem in the brain.  It sounds more like the brain lost its tach source.  The cure would be to start the car and let the idle come down to it's normal idle speed, then locate the brain and press the little black button thats located on the back of the brain, it should be beside where the antenna plugs in.  That's gonna relearn the tach and your car should start like normal again
11.01 @132mph with 489hp 389tq fp3052 (with shifting issues)
11.08 @ 123mph with 395hp 350tq hta68 daily driver

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 08:03:29 pm »
It sounds to me like the brain is doing everything it needs to start.  I don't believe it is a problem in the brain.  It sounds more like the brain lost its tach source.  The cure would be to start the car and let the idle come down to it's normal idle speed, then locate the brain and press the little black button thats located on the back of the brain, it should be beside where the antenna plugs in.  That's gonna relearn the tach and your car should start like normal again

Thanks Yan.  I will look for the brain.  I couldn't find it today though.  I thought it would have been under the dash easily spotted.  But apparently not.  It was previously installed by A&B Sound which no longer exists.  Does anyone know where installers usually hide the brain of the alarm??

Offline yan tang

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 08:31:03 pm »
the easiest way to find the brain is to either find the ignition harness in the vehicle or the aftermarket antenna for the compustar and just trace them back to the brain.  you can follow the shock sensor or the led light, whatever's easiest cuz they all lead you to the right spot

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 11:22:41 pm »
if you wanna stop by coquitlam center i can check it out for ya. i used to be an installer and have worked with decks, alarms and system to know where all the good spots are or how to trace it back to the brain.
let me know if you wanna stop by
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 12:59:02 pm »
Update:

So during lunchtime I went under the steering column and removed the panel.  I found the brain, and tried to reset the tach sensor.  It chirped once and accepted the signal.  Once I turned off the car in reservation mode, the same problem persists.

I pulled out all fuses and checked them.  They were all fine.

Could it be a kill switch preventing it form starting or at least how could I tell?  I am now thinking it maybe the brain itself that is causing this.

My Compustar isn't that old only 3 years at max.  It is a CM3000 V3.0

Tomorrow I got Ralph's booked, I don't know if I will be getting my money's worth paying them for the hourly service knowing the answer already, so I called and moved my appointment aside for now.  They don't carry any CM3000 V3.0 brains, as this product maybe a bit dated, but i am kind of sure it is still sold in the market.  I have the 2W900FMR remote starter, they now sell the 2WFM-AS-PRO.

Anyone know where I maybe able to source a replacement brain?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 02:59:59 pm by Sy Haw Wong »

Offline yan tang

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 09:48:53 pm »
i have access to all compustar products.  i also have an actual compustar programmer for what it's worth.  if you can come out to surrey, I can have a look for you free of charge.  if it's the brain that's no good, you can choose to leave it with me and i can see if i can get it warranteed for you.  if it needs to be replaced, i can get you just the brain so you don't have to buy a whole new unit.

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 11:04:42 pm »
i have access to all compustar products.  i also have an actual compustar programmer for what it's worth.  if you can come out to surrey, I can have a look for you free of charge.  if it's the brain that's no good, you can choose to leave it with me and i can see if i can get it warranteed for you.  if it needs to be replaced, i can get you just the brain so you don't have to buy a whole new unit.

Hey thanks Yan.  I am definately interested to get a more certified person such as yourself to take a look.  I will PM you to further discuss.

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 02:01:10 pm »
Update to keep this on record for future technical reference:

After almost a year frying my remote starter, I have gotten this resolved.

The Compustar brain did indeed fry out on me for that area.  Swapped it out with another and works like normal now.

Thanks to Kyle Kemp for the help.

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 05:12:42 am »
As bulletproof as those units are, I'm finding more and more dead brains. I've had 2 crap out under normal usage and know a few ppl who have gone through more than one
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.