Author Topic: possible end to my DSM  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Herman Lee

possible end to my DSM
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:35:44 am »
July 18th at 12:12 AM, I was hit at Oak and 70th :(   I was on the curb lane making a right turn when this guy decide to right turn onto the same street as I am from the center lane.  This might be a total lost  :-\

93 FWD Turbo  *RIP*

90 Colt 200
- 4G15 12valve swap,
- ground control coilsover, KYB GR2's
- watanabe with Azenis RT615's

Offline Ryan Coft

• Administrator
  • Retired!
Re: possible end to my DSM
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 09:50:33 am »
Sorry to hear it. 93 FWD, most likely a write-off. Best of luck though

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:57:46 am »
wow that sucks man.

If it is a right off, buy an AWD!!
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:53:17 am »
boooooooo!!!

I don't know what it is here, but I've nearly had people do this to me, and my wife and I saw a car do the same thing to a truck right in front of us. Which driving school teaches people they can turn right from anything but the curb lane?

Kristopher

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 01:01:00 pm »
Oh crap.. Sad news. Try to negotiate a buy-back with ICBC. You could get it back for cheap and use it for parts/sell parts from it.

Best of luck with ICBC
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 01:30:46 pm »
i see a write off. Thats worse damage to your car then my 95 had and they wrote it off.  Then again i had some frame damage that shot to the firewall and cracked my windsheild in 2 places puls my pass door wouldnt close right.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 01:32:25 pm by Jamie Oswald »

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 01:39:52 pm »
Sucks to hear man, but do what Maurits said and buy it back from icbc, I bought my 90 tsi back from them for $200.  And also do not take ICBC's first offer, Took me a week of the car sitting their before we worked out a price I was happy with, first offer was 1500, I ended up getting 4g for it.

Hopefully this wasn't you fault and that you have a witness to what happened, only way for icbc to make it 100% fault to the vehicle that caused the accident.  I was lucky and someone came up to me and gave me their number, if it wasn't for that icbc was going to make it 50/50.

Edit: Go to a doctor right away and get checked out, I felt a bit sore after my accident but it got progressivly worse during the week following.  I am still having problems with my back 9 months later.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 01:43:36 pm by Richard Clark »

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 03:48:28 pm »
That was a bad hit.  Sorry to hear about this Herman.  Hope you are ok and things work out for you with ICBC.

Offline Herman Lee

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 05:29:19 pm »
Hey, thanks for the support. At the scene of the accident I had two witness.  And when I called in to ICBC, the other driver had took the fault. So I was happy.  ;D  And Richard, how did you work out the price with ICBC? did you have to find ads for talons to prove what their worth??? This is my first time dealing with ICBC.  Thanks
93 FWD Turbo  *RIP*

90 Colt 200
- 4G15 12valve swap,

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 06:06:23 pm »
Hey, thanks for the support. At the scene of the accident I had two witness.  And when I called in to ICBC, the other driver had took the fault. So I was happy.  ;D  And Richard, how did you work out the price with ICBC? did you have to find ads for talons to prove what their worth??? This is my first time dealing with ICBC.  Thanks

Well you're not gonna have any trouble there then. Good thing they took fault. In Richard's and my accidents, the other drivers dragged it out for so effing long. Richard's WAY longer than mine.
As for the buy-back. Just tell them you want to buy it back. They'll figure out how much they want for it. Don't worry about it since it won't be much, but worry about how much you get for your car mainly. That's where you'll have to prove value. An Independant Estimator or some shit like that will call you to discuss it. If you've put money into your car, that'll help you for sure. Especially if you have receipts to back it up. ANYTHING that's bolted on to the car, that you may have a receipt for, will add value to YOUR car.
Good luck.. It'll be a breaze from here..
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 06:56:47 pm »
Look up all the adds you can find of higher value, basically don't sign anything letting them take it out of their facility, the longer it sits there in their way the easier it is for you to get a higher amount.  If you don't let them take it out of the tow yard even better, that way they have to pay the tow yard a fee each day till you agree on a price.

Offline Jesse Veitch

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 06:29:44 pm »
I had a bad experience in my old talon with a chick that hit me and then said it was my fault.. they were going to call it 50/50 cause ICBC loves doing that, as they just dust their hands off and tell you both to go your separate ways.

Luckily I went straight back to the scene after I went home to get my camera and took pics of the debris and such, and even then, it wasn't enough, but after I started threatening with my fake lawyer I never had, they brought some CSI guy from Vancouver over to do a "match up" on the cars and see how exactly they hit.  Ended up going 100% her fault.  Dumb Bitch.

Good luck with your situation, and remember, ICBC are bullies, they'll take whatever they can, and give you as little as they can.
97 TSi AWD
92 TSi AWD 6/4 bolt - Sold

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 07:18:24 pm »
I had a bad experience in my old talon with a chick that hit me and then said it was my fault ... Ended up going 100% her fault.  Dumb Bitch.

:D LOL! Haha yeah that's pretty much what happened to me, but ICBC told her straight up she was in the wrong.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 09:31:08 pm »
at least you still have ur colt!!

if its a write off just buy it back for cheap from icbc and then use the engine from the car and put it into ur colt.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Herman Lee

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 02:31:40 am »
I asked, they don't let people buy back their cars now!!!  I wish I could buy it back and throw everything into my colt.  I managed to get about 3Gs for my talon from ICBC. I think that's a ok price for it since it has no stereo or speakers in it. 
93 FWD Turbo  *RIP*

90 Colt 200
- 4G15 12valve swap,