Author Topic: Sunday July 26 Fraser Valley Tour!! (The Big One!)  (Read 4870 times)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: Sunday July 26 Fraser Valley Tour!! (The Big One!)
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 06:08:23 pm »
Meet was a HUGE success.  No serious breakdowns on the drive.  (only one blown coupler).  Weather started out crappy but then was AMAZING once we hit harrison.  And biggest of all,  NO WRONG TURNS!! lol

All in all one of the best meets i have been to for sure!  Thanks again for eveyone that planned and organized and provided the Raffle prizes, Lunch, and such.

I came away with a nice new "special edition" BCDSM T-shirt, a nice BCDSM hat and a CD manual!  Also a sweet BCDSM tanktop for the wifey!  Also won $8 in the 50/50 draw (im SUpa lucky)

Should be pics being posted soon enough,  cant wait to see them

Also thanks for making my birthday special :)  The card and birthday cake was awesome!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 06:10:50 pm by Brett Haviland »
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 06:26:59 pm »
Looked like a good meet.  I should have gotten my car(s) running for it.  Oh well... been too busy.  Lots of new faces.  For anyone I didn't exchange names and handshakes with I was the guy who dropped by with the dog in Harrison then went up to Hope in my crummy old work van.   
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 07:27:12 pm »
This was one of the best meets for me.  I really enjoyed the drive up to Harrison.

This year, we had a couple of surprise new faces joining our tour.  It was a long and hot drive back home ~  Very fun.

We should do one in the fall and rip up some autumn foliage ~!!

A few major mentionables:

1.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRETT HAVILAND ~!! This proved to be his lucky birthday.  He won the 50/50 and a raffle package for himself and the Mrs. ~!!
2. Very special thanks to Jason Gilbert for all his planning and effort put into the meet.  You are a big contribution to the success of this meet ~!!  He went the extra mile to print out detailed maps, and made a pre-run to see if there were anything that we had to look out for just in case.  Also a big thanks to Jason's wife for assisting with the raffle tickets and 50/50.
3. Tony and Silvia Leong.  The hotdog idea was awesome ~!! Thank you offering your time and service to cook up this wonderful fund raising meal ~!!  Thanks Ryan Coft for being the hotdog donations collector.
4. The main leaders of our pack - Ivan Josipovic and Andrew ~  Thanks for leading us.  It was fun following your lead ~ Again thanks to Jason Gilbert for looking for the crew at the end of the line.

5.  Sheela Krasnuik.  Although I worked with Sheela to put together these wonderful prize packages.  Sheela was actually the one that worked with the T-shirt company, and put everything together for Jason Gilbert to hand out. 

Sheela even went an extra mile to offer a lucky member (Congrats Tony Leong) a chance to have their valve cover powder coated courtesy of her company.

Unfortunately she was unable to attend this year, but she still put out so much of her time for the club.  Everyone should give Sheela, most of the credit for the success of this year's raffle prize fundraiser ~!!  Thank you Sheela.

6.  Thank you BCDSM members for your support of the fund raiser.  This definately means a lot to the club, and will ensure that Ryan Coft will not have to skim for change on forum maintenance ~!!  :D A lot of people showed much positive enthusiasm to the prize and fundraisers this year.  This was our first time doing it, and it was a success.  The most important part is the show of support.  Hopefully we can bring in more contributions and prizes next year, and see if we can bring it up a notch with more members ~

I look forward to seeing videos and pictures of the meet.

Offline Ryan Coft

• Administrator
  • Retired!
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 07:50:06 pm »
I didn't expect to get any money whatsoever for forum hosting, but this is more than welcomed, thank you all!

Great meet, so hot, SO burnt! Thanks to all who set it up, and Sheela, you're awesome.

Offline Igor Kozlov

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2009, 10:24:41 pm »
Yes it was a hot today!! Makes me regret removing the AC .......NOT  ;D

The best meet i have ever been to for sure. The road was awesome especially those windy stretches!! Jason, good job keeping up you truck with the DSMs  :D  I'm glad everyone's car made it all the way up to Hope Slide and back, considering it was a hot day.
Thanks everyone involved in planning and organizing this event. And Happy Birthday to Brett H!!

Mike S i didn't know you were at the meet, should've introduced yourself, i was in the red 2g.
97 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd. Peacefully hibernating...

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 10:37:15 pm »
All you guys who removed you A/C are CRAZY!!... Sure i might have burned 1/3 more gas with it on... BUT HOLY MOLY IT WAS HOT!!!  The humidity is what gets to you.  It was like a sauna out there!

Im sure glad i got my A/C working this past week, thats for sure!

Now my car pees on the ground everywhere it goes!

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009, 10:41:52 pm »
All you guys who removed you A/C are CRAZY!!... Sure i might have burned 1/3 more gas with it on... BUT HOLY MOLY IT WAS HOT!!!  The humidity is what gets to you.  It was like a sauna out there!

I had no choice ~ My compressor clutch crapped out on me ~!! But no matter how fast we drove it was still blowing hot air from our windows today.  It was THAT HOT ~!!

Hey Igor, remember to ask Max to put up the videos and pics he took ~!! I saw him stickin his hand and camera out while you were driving ~ hehe. 

Offline Cole Chalmers

• DERP!DERP!DERP!
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2009, 10:46:02 pm »
ugghhhhh!!! So bummed I couldn't make it! Can't wait to see the photos! Happy B-day Brett!

Offline Igor Kozlov

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 10:48:19 pm »
Hey Igor, remember to ask Max to put up the videos and pics he took ~!! I saw him stickin his hand and camera out while you were driving ~ hehe.  

I will get all the files from him on USB tomorrow.
Also i have some decent shots i made with my camera, will post em up soon
97 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd. Peacefully hibernating...

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2009, 11:02:49 pm »
PICS PICS PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 10:40:55 am »
Unfortunately I didn't make it out. Ended up getting pretty sick over the weekend

Looking forward to the pics.
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Doug Almond

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 12:54:22 pm »
It was a great meet! Thanks so much to Jason, Sy Haw, Sheela, Tony& Sylvia for all your efforts in making it happen.

patrickWoo

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 01:50:29 pm »
Went to Pacific Raceways to lap their track instead....and messed up my Toyota big time....Should have stayed in town and ran with u guys up the mountains instead.  :-[

Offline Tony Leong

• 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 05:01:50 pm »
Hey BC DSM,  thanks for putting the Fraser Valley Tour together and ordering such good weather.

Being the Cook lets you meet everyone (who eats).  Pleasure was mine meeting everyone, and if I kept asking your name, then I blame the BBQ heat; it was cooking more than Bavarian Smokies. 

Brett, the Birthday Boy, is getting wiser.  A/C on a hot day is like having cold drinks on a Cook Island beach.  I had to remember to turn off A/C before redlining it up to the Hope Slide.  It could blow the A/C compressor (I got it replaced under warranty many years ago, but still remember that lesson).

P.S. - I can't believe I won a prize!  Wahoo!!

Offline Sheela krasnuik

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 11:43:09 am »
Well, I'm back and its so nice to see that everything went well and everyone had a great time.

It was nice working with you guys on the planning of this years tour.  I had allot of fun.  Im glad that we were able to raise a bit of extra money for the club and also have a great time doing it. 

A big "Happy Birthday" to you Brett!!

Congratulations to everyone that won a prize. Hope all the clothing fits.

Tony, congratulations on winning the Powder Coating prize, I look forward to working with you.

"I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce"