Author Topic: Van Autoshow pictures  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
Van Autoshow pictures
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:56:10 pm »
Wanted to share some neat cars that were at the auto show this weekend:

The pancake induction slot on the Evo:

Ralliart:

Evo:

ZR1:

(Sure it's stupidly amazing, but the seats still wobble.)

The Dodge "EV concept" electric car. Look familiar?

GT-R Engine bay:

4B11:

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 09:36:36 pm by remi raymond »
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Calvin Ng

Re: Van Autoshow pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:08:27 pm »
nice pics! first year i ever missed the car show, how was it compared to previous years?

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:11:32 pm »
yea me too, I normally go!  But I had to spend some quality time with my Talon.  It was posting adds on Lavalife and eHarmony.

Astons are so hot, holy.

Now back to reality.  Evo's are so hot, holy!
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Junior Castro

• 1997 Talon TSI AWD
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:40:13 pm »
AJR GTR is hot damn.
1997 TSI AWD mods: Dejon/K&N Intake, 3" DP to 3" Apexi N1, AEM TruBoost set to 15-16psi on T25 and is still not fast enough!

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:58:59 pm »
yea me too, I normally go!  But I had to spend some quality time with my Talon.  It was posting adds on Lavalife and eHarmony.

Astons are so hot, holy.

Now back to reality.  Evo's are so hot, holy!

Yeah, that Aston started at 330,000.

I was blown away by how nice the it felt to be in the drivers seat of that Evo. As an aside, the STi didn't feel anywhere near as nice a place to be.  By nice I don't just mean build quality either, I mean the feel of it being a drivers car.

It was better this year than the last few actually. But that might be because going there to take pictures, i went early on the last day so better for me meant less crowds and more access to the cars.

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 11:22:20 pm »
Love that Flat black R8 one sexy ride i tell ya, i think thats the same R8 i saw downtown!

Nothin beats the sound of the engine tho DOHC 32valve V8.

next year 2010, the audi R8 will have a V10 pushing 525 BHP to all four wheels!
The V10 is the same 5.2L FSI powerplant found in the new Lamorghini LP560-4. Of course audi has to keep the power down or else the lambo would be nothing.

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 12:14:51 am »
next year 2010, the audi R8 will have a V10 pushing 525 BHP to all four wheels!
The V10 is the same 5.2L FSI powerplant found in the new Lamorghini LP560-4. Of course audi has to keep the power down or else the lambo would be nothing.

I would Hope they would fix their problems with the automatic. It shifts horably. Alwell as the manual trany, it dosent shift as clean as a product like that should.

Im looking forword to seeing what they do to fix this problem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 12:28:42 am »
when did you hear about that? there tranny's are mint!!  either a 6spd or there R tronic setup which is hella crazy.
the R tronic sequential manual gearbox that uses the same transmission and clutch but operates the clutch and changes gears automatically. You can choose to drive it in auto, or manual with the shift levers behind the wheel.

patrickWoo

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 01:22:00 am »
Nothin beats the sound of the engine tho DOHC 32valve V8.

I thought so too until I got my MAF-T on then the DOHC 24valve V6 with 2 turbos and blow-off valve sounds mind-blastingly good.  :P

It's MIND BLASTING~!

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 01:47:26 am »
lol yeah yeah...that may sound good but honestly the r8.... ;D ;D

patrickWoo

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 01:55:18 am »
LOL yeah yeah if I could afford an R8 I wouldn't be messin' about in a Mitsu by now lol.

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 06:57:58 am »
wow sexy cars. Wish i had gone.
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Offline Osme Velic

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 12:49:28 pm »
I went on opening day (tuesday) and wednesday. I had free tickets and nothing else to do. I have been going for the last 8 years, and honestly I thought this was the weakest show since.

But I did enjoy myself and the cars. THe Scion Tc (upstairs) was the only legit concept car, that I can remember. I got to sit in the new Camaro, pure sex, and the ZR1 Vette, I would take that over teh new GTR.

The "flat black"/ vinyl decals R8 and Lambo were sweet, if I could drive one, it would be the Lambo for sure. Audi/VW=electrical issues...no thanks..

Oh the blonde girl/model at the Mitsubishi booth was pretty cool, shes from North Carolina and competed in the little girl pagents. hahaha I creeped on her for a while..

All in all it was a decent show, not enough concept cars damn economy.
04 Suzuki SV650 :)
04 Ninja 250 stolen/stripped :(
05 BMW 325i :)
96 Talon AWD TSi SADLY sold :(
97 Cavalier sold :(
86 Civic sold :)
89 Accord CRUSHED :(

Licensed Automotive refinish Technican. PM if you are in need

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 01:33:31 pm »
Nice rides!  I don't like the look of the 4B11 engine..looks tiny and squareish.
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 01:55:42 pm »
I went on opening day (tuesday) and wednesday. I had free tickets and nothing else to do. I have been going for the last 8 years, and honestly I thought this was the weakest show since.

But I did enjoy myself and the cars. THe Scion Tc (upstairs) was the only legit concept car, that I can remember. I got to sit in the new Camaro, pure sex, and the ZR1 Vette, I would take that over teh new GTR.

The "flat black"/ vinyl decals R8 and Lambo were sweet, if I could drive one, it would be the Lambo for sure. Audi/VW=electrical issues...no thanks..

Oh the blonde girl/model at the Mitsubishi booth was pretty cool, shes from North Carolina and competed in the little girl pagents. hahaha I creeped on her for a while..

All in all it was a decent show, not enough concept cars damn economy.

Haha I talked to that girl! Seemed nice.