Author Topic: One of my new toys  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Chad Giffen

Re: One of my new toys
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 10:57:23 pm »
Drew I wanted your DSM so bad!!!   It was killer clean and had nice lines with those rims.

Thats too bad you sold it on a trade for the 240...  I woulda asked for more cash from the guy,  but I totally understand the visa bill part. I need to pay of some debt soon here too cause I was on EI for 6 months.

At least your being smart with your money man...   thats a lotmore than the rest of the guys on this forum can say.

1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Electric Blue
Evo III 16g
Stock Boost

Offline Hansen Chu

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 11:45:53 pm »
Drew,

I have read many of your posts and I would just like to add that by selling your car is great for the goals that you are after. Many people have different opinions and I think that whatever makes you happy is what you should do.

As for the others, theres really no need to make fun of each other about their decisions, after all they really don't affect you. Lets just respect each other and be adults. ( however I do enjoy reading the pitiful banter )

Thats just my 2 cents ;)

ps. 240 looks really clean, throw some wheels and she'll be so purdy ! :D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:48:58 pm by Hansen Chu »
MK4 VW
92dsm vrrrm psssh .. Sleeping in garage
93dsm SOLD

RIP Jay .... 1985 -2003

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 11:54:24 pm »
Im just out to have fun, For the ppl that know me...you know i joke around all the time. I could care less what you do. It just sucks you had to take a half deal and get stuck with a 240. But sometimes you gotta take the cut to pay the bills. been there.... As for modding... Well i got the audi last may and am payed off 100% as of 2 weeks ago! WHo doesnt like speed!

Offline Michel Paiement

• Boom!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 12:15:24 am »
Only thing about joking around on a  forum is it can be taken the wrong way. We can't see your facial expression and body language when reading a post, witch makes it very easy for something to come across offensive. Everyone has there own way of being funny, if i was too ever to bring my humor to the site, people would probably think I'm a dick lol everyone says i have a dry sense of humor, its hard enough for people to read me in person let alone on a site where no one really knows me. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 12:17:10 am by Michel Paiement »

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 01:29:29 am »
Drew I wanted your DSM so bad!!!   It was killer clean and had nice lines with those rims.

aww man i wish i could have sold it to you! it would have been nice to have kept it in the club. i didn't post it here because, no offence, but the market here isn't quite up there. whereas on Craigslist people are always looking. but thank you for the comment!

At least your being smart with your money man... 

thank you so much. that really means a lot to me

I would just like to add that by selling your car is great for the goals that you are after.

again, thank you for your support. i am honored by your guys' words

It just sucks you had to take a half deal and get stuck with a 240

it definitely does. but at least i got some cash out of the deal which really helped with the bills. it took a huge load off my shoulders. and this way i get to drive a RWD car for a bit! as much as i shouldn't say it here, i like it better than my 1g N/A fwd  ::)
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 07:14:52 am »
i dont think im hot shit

What a coincedence, me neither.

Im just trying to figure out where he said you were?

haha, this threads funny
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 07:54:02 pm »
jason you totally missed the point...

anyways. so i might be selling my 240 already haha. there's a couple people coming to check it out this week. i hope someone takes it

Offline Vanessa Brake

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 08:16:57 pm »
I acutually really like 240's lol RWD is always good for some entertainment  :P

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 08:20:23 pm »
I'd take a 240 over a fwd n/t dsm for sure, being that the cars were in equal state of repairs.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Vanessa Brake

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 08:36:42 pm »
Lol that's not very nice John I have a fwd n/t dsm lol  :P

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 09:12:04 pm »
while your car is nice, I personally would prefer a rwd irs manual tranny car.  its just the balance etc.  I like a car that inherently handles well and can be cheaply made to handle even better.

There is nothing there that says your car is lesser for it, nor your taste, your car is quite nice.

I prefer my n/t 4dr boring looking Galant over lots of other cars on the road because of how it handles and how it works in any weather.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Vanessa Brake

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 09:17:55 pm »
Lol It's alright John no need to justify
The only reason I didn't get something funner to drive like an awd turbo or a 240 even is becuase I lose my license too much  :'(
I need a slow car haha

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 10:02:38 pm »
the 240 is in really good condition for being 15 years old. and it handles like a shopping cart! turns on a dime. thats why i transferred my insurance from my 1g to the 240. for a stock KA motor that thing hauls some ass! i can understand why so many ppl want one now, they're SO much fun to drive!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 10:25:50 pm »
a 16v KA aint too bad for stock, but talk to Jordan or Lowell, you can make BUTTLOADS of torque and power out of those.  Piston oil squirters, overbuilt bottom end etc. 

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 11:07:10 pm »
even N/A? maybe i shouldn't sell it...